Lutheran Community Services • 2809 Baynard Boulevard • Wilmington, DE 19802
TEL 302 654 8886 • FAX 302 654 7460 • email@example.com• www.lcsde.org
Release & Waiver of Liability
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “release”) executed on (today's date) by (“Volunteer”) releases Lutheran Community Services, Inc. (“LCS”), a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for LCS and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with LCS is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that LCS will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to LCS.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless LCS and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to LCS. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges LCS from any liability or claim that I may have against LCS with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to LCS or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that LCS does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of LCS.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge LCS from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with LCS.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to LCS may include activities that may be hazardous to me. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release LCS from all liability.
5. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to LCS all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of my child or his/her likeness or voice made by LCS in connection with my providing volunteer services to LCS.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Delaware and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.