This Foster Agreement (hereinafter “The Contract”) is made on the date listed above by and between Delco Dawgs and Foster residing at the address listed above. This agreement is valid for any current or future animals (hereinafter “Pet”) in Foster’s care on behalf of Delco Dawgs. The parties hereby agree to the following:
1. CARE OF PET
1. Foster shall accept and consider the Pet as a household companion, not as an outside pet, and will provide the Pet with a safe environment, humane treatment, and provide proper food, fresh water, shelter, and exercise. Foster agrees this Pet will not be abused in any manner. The Pet will not be permitted off the property of the Foster unless accompanied by a mature individual. Pet shall not be used in any aspect of animal fighting. Pet shall not be the subject of or subjected to any biological, chemical, psychological, or other experiment.
2. Pet shall be allowed to sleep indoors and protected from the elements or adverse conditions. Pet shall not be housed or kept outside or in a yard. The Pet shall not be allowed to roam free or unsupervised outside.
3. Foster shall immediately notify Delco Dogs if Pet is lost or stolen, and shall make every reasonable effort to recover the Pet.
4. Foster shall not give up or sell the Pet to another person, relative, friend, or any other individual, or any rescue group, humane association, shelter, or adoption center unless pre- approved by Delco Dogs. 5. Foster shall not under any circumstance give up or sell the Pet for any medical or experimental laboratory or any organization.
6. Foster shall not alter the Pet’s appearance in any way, shape or form (ex: cropping, docking. 7. Foster permits Delco Dawgs to visit at reasonable convenient times to check on the well being of the pet
2. VET APPOINTMENTS
1. Foster is assigned a Foster Coordinator and must schedule vet appointments through him or her. Foster is responsible for transporting animal to and from appointments.
2. If Pet is not spayed or neutered at the time this Contract is signed, Foster must arrange, through the Foster Coordinator to have the Pet spayed or neutered at one of Delco Dawgs approved veterinary partners. Foster shall not breed Pet.
3. Foster shall immediately notify Foster Coordinator the event of the Pet’s injury, illness, or death during the foster care period.
3. FOOD AND SUPPLIES
a. Foster should notify their foster coordinator about supplies or food needed and it will be provided to Foster at no cost.
b. If foster voluntarily chooses to purchase something with his or her own money, foster should save the receipt as these expenses are tax deductible. Purchases made voluntarily by Foster are not reimbursed by Delco Dawgs.
4. TWO WEEK SHUT DOWN PERIOD [See Appendix A]
1. Foster shall allow a reasonable amount of time for the Pet to adjust to new surroundings.
2. For the safety of Foster's household and other resident pets, Foster is required to place Pet into a two week shut down period. Pet must be crated and separated from all other animals in the household for two weeks. Slow introductions are required for each Pet and this in turn will create a more balanced transition period for Pet. If this is not followed, Delco Dawgs reserves the right to relinquish Pet from Foster’s home and relieve Foster of their duties.
5. FOSTER PERIOD
1. Foster understands the commitment he or she is making by agreeing to foster Pet and that there is no definitive time period. Foster understands it may take weeks or possibly longer for Pet to be adopted. 2. If Foster can no longer care for Pet, Foster shall notify Delco Dawgs and make every effort to find a suitable foster or adoptive home for the pet. Delco Dawgs will do everything possible to place the Pet accordingly. However, the Foster understands that it may take time to find the Pet a sufficient home for its needs.
3. Foster understands that during the foster period, Delco Dawgs has ownership of Pet. Delco Dawgs may recover Pet from Foster at any time during the foster period.
1. If Foster decides to permanently adopt the Pet, Foster shall notify Foster Coordinator and upon approval, shall follow established adoption procedures including signing an Adoption Contract and paying the Pet’s adoption fee.
2. If Foster finds a permanent/adoptive home for the Pet, Foster shall notify Delco Dawgs and upon approval, shall follow established adoption procedures.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY
1. Delco Dawgs makes no guarantees and/or promises regarding the Pet’s disposition, temperament, and/or future health and personality.
2. Foster agrees to foster Pet at Foster’s own risk, and indemnify and release Delco Dawgs, its founder, board of directors, and volunteers of any and all liability arising from damages to person(s) or property caused by the Pet.
3. In the event the Foster does not comply with the terms of this Contract, at the reasonable discretion of Delco Dawgs, Delco Dawgs may recover the pet. Promptly upon demand by Delco Dawgs, the Foster shall relinquish Pet to Delco Dawgs.