1. The WORKSHOP @ Coral Springs Museum of Art is located in the front lobby area just inside the main entrance of the Coral Springs Museum of Our hours coincide with the regular business hours and during some special events.
2. Our Shop features affordable, original, handmade fine art and craft. Our focus is on one-of-a-kind, or very limited production work. No kit work will be accepted. If you would like your work to be considered for our Shop, please complete and submit this Application (with images of your work). If your work is accepted, we will schedule an appointment with you. Established and emerging artists are encouraged to apply! Creative Makers are very encouraged to apply!
3. Once your work is accepted, you will be asked to fill out vendor paperwork including a contract and to complete a Consignment Inventory Sheet. The Coral Springs Museum of Art will assign you an artist code that is unique to you. This code should be used on the Inventory Sheet as well as on your price tags. Artists are responsible for their own price tags, which must include the Artist Code Assigned to you and item number (artist assigns) along with the price. Example: APH--01 $18. Offering a range of price points works best.
4. It is the artist's responsibility to complete the Inventory Sheet and deliver it when work is dropped offed or via online submission. The Coral Springs Museum of Art is not responsible for work not accompanied by the proper forms. Similar items may be assigned the same item number, but each item must be listed on a separate line.
5. Please provide us with images and a written description of your work. We will use this in our promotional materials and signage. Tell us about specialized techniques you use and what you want us to know about you as an artist. We will also make it available to our staff so they can be familiar with your products. We would also like to have a supply of your artist/business cards that we can hand out with your sold products.
6. The WORKSHOP is a consignment gift shop. Artists receive 70% of the retail price and the Coral Springs Museum of Art retains 30% for staffing, operations, marketing, etc.. Artist are responsible for all taxes of sales.
7. Payment for work sold is issued monthly. Checks will be issued during the first pay period of each month and will reflect sales from the month prior.
8. Due to limited space, the Coral Springs Museum of Art reserves the right to determine the quantity of items that you may consign at our shop as well as the amount of back stock that can be stored. The staff of the Coral Springs Museum of Art handles all displays and merchandising.
9. Artists are responsible for replenishing work that has sold and/or replacing work that has not, every 90 days or as requested by Coral Springs Museum of Art. Seasonal work must be picked up in a timely manner. Arrangements will be made with Coral Springs Museum of Art Staff if needed. Artists are responsible to pick up unsold merchandise and for any and all shipping charges for returned work. The Coral Springs Museum of Art reserves the right to remove and store work that is past due for rotation or has not sold well.
10. Reasonable care will always be taken to prevent theft or damage to artwork. However, the Coral Springs Museum of Art is not responsible for payment to artists due to theft/damage. Artist assumes risk when selling work at the Coral Springs Museum of Art; we suggest artists insure any items they wish to have covered.
11. Selected Artist will also have a web presence and promotion via our outlets.
12. Questions? Contact the front desk at 954-340-5000.
Remember this shop is juried and will be carefully curated to create a one-of-a-kind shop.
All submission will be reviewed but due to the high volumn of submissions we will only contact those who have been selected. If you are not contacted please try again at a later date.
Thank for your submission!