Steps to joining the VCA team:
- Submit online application
- Provide documentation upon hiring
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of credential certificate (for teaching or substitute teaching positions)
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Teacher: 4-year degree (credential and graduate degree preferred)
- Substitute Teacher: 4-year degree
- Elementary Teacher Aide: High school diploma
- Pre-School Teacher: 12 Early Childhood Education units
- Pre-School Aide: 6 Early Childhood Education units
- Office Staff or Substitute: High school diploma
- Extended School Service Staff: 17 years of age
Developing confident leaders to serve, love, and impact the world in Christ.
VCA is looking for staff with these behavioral values:
Does not think more of themselves or less of themselves. Great self-awareness. Welcomes and thoughtfully/prayerfully considers feedback and criticism. “Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tender-hearted, and keep a humble attitude.” (1 Peter 3:8)
Growth mindset. Eager to learn and develop. Ability to get things done. Desires feedback, criticism, and accountability in order to continue to grow and improve professionally. To be consistently learning and challenged to grow spiritually, relationally, physically, and professionally.
Care and love for others. To spend and invest time intentionally with those you influence and lead. To actively listen and respond with love. To smile and greet others consistently. To be vulnerable and transparent. To trust and build trust. To understand that our love for one another comes from love from the Lord.
To work together is to create a team. To argue and fight to find the best solutions to the problems/issues. To submit everything under Christ. To pray for unity and the workings of the Holy Spirit. To respect and support the decisions of those accountable.