PCMS DRAMA CLUB STUDENT/PARENT CONTRACT
2018 - 2019
Mission Statement: The mission of this organization is to create an inclusive and unique drama club where members work together to explore and enjoy the art of theatre and stagecraft while acquiring valuable life skills as members of a vital, safe and supportive community. It is also the mission of this club to build confidence and instill in the hearts of its members a genuine fondness for theatre, music and language, and to inspire creativity and pride within self, school and community.
Rules and Consequences:
* Respect the Director/Teachers/Adults: Students will follow the directions of the Director, PCMS staff and any other adults helping with drama club. Students will participate in all scheduled activities and maintain a positive attitude.
* Respect each other: Students will treat everyone with respect. Bullying, stealing, teasing, cut-downs and profanity will not be tolerated and are grounds for dismissal from the club.
* Respect our space: Students will not purposely deface the school property or drama materials, or purposefully harm or destroy any property, scripts, furniture, props or costume pieces. Any infraction is grounds for dismissal from the club.
* Procedures for Dealing with Inappropriate Behavior:
o Rules will be reviewed with all students on the first day of rehearsal. When a rule is broken, a verbal warning is given.
o If the behavior persists, the teacher sponsor is informed and may remove the student from the activity.
o If the inappropriate behavior continues, parents will be called to pick up the student from drama.
o The teacher sponsor reserves the right to send home any student and/or get school administrators involved if it is deemed to be in the best interest of the program. Immediate dismissal of a student may result from severe infractions. There are no refunds.
* Parents must be prompt when picking up students from rehearsal. If parents are late three times by more than 15 minutes, the student may be dismissed from the club.
Program Requirements: Attendance is required at all called rehearsals. Students and parents are responsible for checking emails, Remind and the website for the most current information.
Dues must be paid by the first day of rehearsals or payment arrangements must be discussed with club officers prior to the start date. Scripts will not be distributed to students who have not paid dues. If dues are not paid by November 1, the actor will be replaced and dismissed from the club.
Attendance: Students will participate in all scheduled activities. Except in cases of emergencies, a two week advance notice must be given to the director and board. The notice must be provided in writing. The student may be dismissed from the club once they have 3 absences.
Grades: Students are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point average to have a speaking role.
Calendar: Each family is responsible for downloading the calendar and planning accordingly. It is posted on www.pcmsboosterclub.com.
Volunteering - Work Days, Rehearsal Chaperones, and Performances: Students and a parent chaperone must attend and participate in one out of two Saturday work days. Parents must serve on one committee and chaperone three (3) rehearsals either after school or on the Saturday all day dress rehearsal, and work one performance night. Or parents may choose to pay an additional non-volunteer fee of $150 and will not be required to work.
In consideration of the Club’s permission to use the Club’s equipment and participate in its programs, I hereby release and hold harmless Peachtree Charter Middle School Drama Booster Club, Inc., from any and all liability, claims, actions and causes of actions whatsoever, arising out of or relating to loss, damage, or injury that may be sustained by myself or my child while participating in PCMS Drama Club programs and activities.
I have read and agree to follow the PCMS Drama Club Rules and Consequences. I understand the consequences if I choose not to follow the rules.