Meeting at "Grain at the Top of the Hilton"
PRESENTATION: "VHF, MMSI, and DSC Explained".
Sergio Diehl, BBSA member
Sergio will describe how to use the Digital Selective Calling (DSC) feature in most modern VHF radios. If you have not run through the “setup” process, your emergency button and DSC are probably not working.
Cost: $22 per person attending
The price includes:
· A choice of one of the dinners listed below.
· One drink (beer or wine)
· Tax and gratuity.
Grain at the Hilton
100 East Main Street, Norfolk, Virginia 23510
At the top of the downtown Hilton in Norfolk.
Parking at the nearby parking decks
When: February 19, 2019
5 pm to 9 pm
Show up any time after 5 pm. We have a section of the lounge
5:00 pm - Arrive at the beginning of Grain’s Happy Hour. Socialize and order your dinner whenever you are ready.
7:00 pm - Quick Announcements and presentation begins
Afterwards, questions and answers and more socializing.
Use this time to talk with the speakers or talk with your officers and other members.
Dinner Choices (no need to choose until you get to the meeting):
· Smashburger (beef, lettuce, tomato, and cheese)
· Black Bean Burger (with avocado and chipotle mayo)
· Fried Chicken Club (with tomato, shredded lettuce, Swiss cheese, bacon, mayo)
· Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
· Pork Carnitas Tacos (shredded port, cabbage, cotija cheese, and pico de gallo)
· Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos (sweet and spicy fried shrimp, cabbage, pico de gallo, sriracha mayo)
Sandwiches come with garlic parmesan French fries or coleslaw.
Tacos come with a side of roasted corn and black bean salad.
You will be provided with one drink ticket good for beer or wine. After that you can pay for your drinks of any type at the bar.
Pre-registration is required (order the dinner of your choice when you get to "Grain at the Top of the Hilton").