1. I understand that it is my decision to foster dogs for the Homeward Bound Pug Rescue of Oklahoma. I will not hold Homeward Bound liable for any damage, injury or harm caused directly or indirectly through my fostering activities.
2. I understand that my role is as a TEMPORARY home, and that the decision to place a dog that I am fostering will be made by the area coordinator. Review and interviewing of potential adopters is solely the area coordinator's right and responsibility.
3. I will remember that any time I deal with the public in my capacity as a foster owner, that I am representing Homeward Bound, and the public will see my actions as such. Therefore, I recognize that I cannot enter into any agreements or contracts on behalf of the organization. In addition, any activities that I participate in of a controversial nature (political, religious, etc.) will be done as an individual, separately from my activities as a Homeward Bound foster or representative.
4. I accept full responsibility for expenses such as food and bath products incurred through my activities as a Homeward Bound foster. I understand that I will be reimbursed for certain expenses such as vet visits, shots, heartworm preventative and any other medications the animal may need, but that I must follow the appropriate procedure in order to be reimbursed. This procedure includes prior approval of expense, presentation of receipts, and other steps.
5. I am aware that I will be an agent of a non-profit organization, and I may not profit from fostering, or any other Homeward Bound related activities.
6. I understand that Homeward Bound cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the health, behavior or temperament of dogs that I may foster, and I am aware that dogs that I foster may cause personal or property damage. I will keep fostered dogs securely contained while in my care.
7. I understand that my foster volunteer position can be terminated at any time if my actions or conduct are deemed detrimental to the best interests of Homeward Bound.
8. I understand that one or all of the following may occur during the processing of my application: veterinarian/reference check, home visit, and employment check.