JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
MinKwon Center for Community Action
invites applications for a Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator will work closely with our staff and Board to help raise revenue and create a strong foundation for our award-winning programs in advocacy & organizing, services, civic engagement and youth empowerment.
Organization History & Mission
The MinKwon Center for Community Action was established in 1984 as the Young Korean American Service & Education Center (YKASEC) to meet the needs and concerns of the Korean American community. Since our founding, we have made a profound presence through various grassroots organizing, education, and advocacy initiatives that address important community issues, including immigration policies, voter rights, and cultural awareness. The MinKwon Center places a special emphasis on meeting
the needs of our marginalized community members, including youth, elderly, recent immigrants, low-income residents, and limited-English-proficient residents.
The Development Coordinator willwork closelywith the Executive Director and with other staff, Board and volunteers to plan, execute and implement a robust fundraising strategy for the organization. Specifically, the Development Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Help develop, oversee and strengthen our organization’s long-term fundraising strategy,working closely with Program Directors and Board;
- Set annual fundraising goals together with organization’s leadership, and meet goals through strong execution of development efforts;
- Prospect potential funding streams of all sources (foundation, major donor, individual, corporate, government), and develop new funding partnership opportunities;
- Coordinate cultivation and solicitation of donor prospects with leadership, program staff, and Board;
- Help plan, execute and implement annual Gala and a Spring Reception to raise funds and awareness of the MinKwon Center and its mission;
- Plan and execute at least two mailed fundraising appeals per year;
- Develop, draft and edit proposals for our specific program areas as well as for general organizational support;
- Prepare, draft and edit grant reports to funders, and work with Administrative Director and other staff to gather needed financial, statistics and budget information;
- Maintain detailed grants management database, records, and systems;
- Ensure regular communication with current and prospective program officers and funders.
- 2+ years experience in development and fundraising efforts and developing relationships with funders (strongly preferred);
- Interest, experience and demonstrated commitment in working on social justice issues, such as immigrants’ rights, workers’ rights, and civil rights;
- Ability to work closely and cordially with co-workers and allies;
- Excellent ability to communicate our mission, impact, growth trajectory, and programs;
- Strong project management skills working in team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage funder relationships;
- Ability to be highly organized, adapt to simultaneous timelines, and take initiative on projects with minimal supervision;
- Ability and willingness to participate in occasional evening/weekend events;
- Demonstrated strong writing skills.
The MinKwon Center will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please prepare and send a detailed cover letter and resume describing your interest in the organization and position to:
MinKwon Center for Community Action
Flushing, NY 11354
Phone : 718-460-5600, Fax: 718-445-0032