Office of Lifelong Learning Continuing Education Unit Policy/Procedures
C.E.U. is awarded participants in non-degree programs of continuing education. The amount is calculated by the number of hours spent in lecture and workshop settings CEU=1/10 of the instructional hours. (5 hours = .5 C.E.U). The minimum awarded is .5 C.E.U. The Office Lifelong Learning, Candler School of Theology, Emory University, will award CEUs for clergy and laity events sponsored by groups which meet the following criteria:
· Candler School of Theology Faculty member (active or emeritus) is part of
the leadership of the event (teaching or administration).
· Office of Lifelong Learning is charged with administrative oversight.
· The event, as determined by the Director of Lifelong Learning, falls within the
mission of Candler School of Theology.
· A $25 ($10 for Candler sponsored programs) per person processing fee is
assessed for events outside Candler School of Theology which meet
the above criterion.
To offer CEUs, programs should fill out this form and submit it.
Important! Use this Suggested wording for event publicity:
"Based on full participation, ____ C.E.U. will be awarded by The Candler School of Theology, Emory University."
· After completion of the program all participants receiving CEU must complete
and sign the request form (click here to download a copy) and;
· pay the $10 fee ($25 for outside entities) per participant requesting credit.
· Due to accrediation requirements it is important that participants attend
all sessions of the program.
· Please complete a spreadsheet listing participants requesting C.E.U.
using the information from the individual request forms.
(click here to download a copy)
· The spreadsheet and scanned copies of the individual participant request forms
can be uploaded to your registration by clicking on the edit link in your
confirmation email and editing your form.
· The Office of Lifelong learning will forward the spreadsheet to the
Emory registrar and the participants will receive an official letter awarding C.E.U.
from the registrar.
· Certificates are not mailed from the Office of Lifelong Learning.
For questions or more information please contact:
Candler School of Theology
Office of Lifelong Learning
1531 Dickey Drive
Atlanta, GA 30322