Applications are due October 28th, 2016 at 8PM
**Please refer to the Info Worksheet on our website before applying**
It is required for all applicants to attend ONE info and ONE studio session.
Application support will be provided at all sessions.
Tuesday September 20, 4:30-6PM
Tuesday September 27, 4:30-6PM
Thursday September 29, 4:30-6PM
Saturday October 1, 2-4PM
Tuesday October 4, 2-4PM
Saturday October 8, 12:30-5PM
Wednesday October, 10:30-3PM
*Metrocards will be provided for your return trip for Saturday events. Email us if you would like to pick up a Metrocard before the info session. (ParsonsScholars@newschool.edu)
Trains: 4/5/6/L/N/Q/R to 14th st/ Union Square. F/L/M to 14th st/Sixth Ave.
*All eligible applicants will be called for in-person interviews, which will be held on-site at Parsons between November 1 and November 11.
**This application consists of 6 pages, and will not be accepted until complete.
WHAT IS THE PARSONS SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
The Parsons Scholars Program is a multi-year need-based scholarship program for low-income New York City public school students interested in art and design study. Accepted students participate from 10th grade through 12th grade.
Students have the opportunity to explore a wide variety of studio subjects to gain skills and knowledge that will help them gain admission and be successful in colleges of art and design. Students earn 6 college credits and a Pre-College certificate from Parsons upon successful completion of the Parsons Scholars Program. In addition to these classes, students participate in workshops and field trips to gain exposure to art & design fields. During the fall and spring semesters, programming is held on Saturdays from 9am- 5pm. During the summer, students are enrolled in a rigorous, two to four-week intensive course that meets daily from 9am to 4pm. Attendance to all programming is mandatory.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
• Tuition to Parsons pre-college courses**
• Art supplies for courses taken
• Transportation to & from class and events
• Lunch after Saturday classes
• 6 college credits
• Guidance through the college application process
• Support from College Mentors, Tutors and Academic Advisors
**This is a college prep program and not a college scholarship
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF PARSONS SCHOLARS?
• Full and on-time attendance to ALL classes, workshops, field trips and events
• Active participation in all classes and timely completion of all in and out of class assignments
• Monthly meetings with your advisor
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
• 10th graders from NYC public schools
• Students who demonstrate financial need (as determined by NY state HEOP and Free/Reduced Lunch)
• Students with a strong interest and commitment to art & design studies and obtaining a higher education in art & design
• Students in need of art & design opportunities and guidance through the college application process
• Students maintaining a C average or higher
The Parsons Scholars Program uses general income guidelines established by the NY State Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP):
Household Size/ Total Annual Income
7 $65, 879
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for the Parsons Scholars Program, submit this online application* by Friday, October 28th, 2016 at 8pm.
*A letter of recommendation & essay also need to be emailed to ParsonsScholars@newschool.edu by this date.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS please contact us at 212.229.8933 (extension 4465) or ParsonsScholars@newschool.edu