Festival of Trees
First and foremost, thank you for your donated Christmas tree! The proceeds from your gift will enhance the lives of Seniors in Need in our community this Christmas. All proceeds will be donated to the Comal County Senior Center Programs.
Guidelines for Decorated Tree
· Decorate on site or deliver already completed tree starting, Monday, November 18th, at Milltown Historic District – (The River Venue behind the Grande) 490 Porter Street, New Braunfels, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Tannenbaum Sneak Peek starts at 6:00pm. Please be scheduled to be finished by 4:00pm. Tickets for the Tannebaum Sneak Peek are available for $30 a person or $300 a table. If interested in attending please contact Regina 830-832-0089. The Sneak Peek is set up to auction trees to a group that is highly interested in buying a tree after the dinner.
· Check in with the Festival Committee desk before putting up your tree to receive a tree bag and instructions, and provide the “Fair Market Value” of your tree.
· Please provide an 8’-10’ extension cord with your tree.
· Please check out with Festival Committee, upon completion of your tree. All donated trees and items become the property of Festival of Trees. You may obtain a receipt for tax purposes but if you claim a charitable contribution, you are responsible for documenting the cost to the IRS.
Note: Christmas themed trees sell best. Harder trees to sell, but certainly welcomed and enjoyed are non-Christmas themed trees.
Tell your friends and neighbors about the Festival and the possibility of purchasing a fully decorated tree for their home, family, business etc.
· Large Trees must not be taller than 7.5 feet including the tree topper and include a very sturdy stand that is attached. Trees will not be able to be transported in trucks without damaging if they are taller than 7.5’.
· Table top trees should be no shorter than 3’.
· The Festival accepts new, or absolutely look like new, artificial trees in fabulous condition with sturdy stands that have been attached.
· All Trees stands must be supported on a very durable metal or heavy plastic stand and securely attached to tree post. Stands will be inspected at check in.
a. Collapsible stands must be glued or wired open
· Tree branches must be wired or zip-tied to the stem, if they are the removable kind of branch.
· If you find your tree is top heavy or unstable, you may want to reinforce your tree with a length of rebar that runs the entire length of your tree and is attached to the trunk using hose clamps.
· Use materials that will withstand a vigorous move which includes tipping, covering with a plastic wrap, laying on their sides, transporting to their new location and delivery through elevators or up stairways.
· All lights, decorations and tree toppers must be wired or glued securely onto the tree.
· Glue the metal or plastic cap onto every ornament. Then wire every ornament, garland and decoration securely to the tree. All wire should match the color of the tree.
Note: Light weight glass decorations may get broken during transport.
· All lights must be in good working order and wired to the tree.
Underneath it all:
· A tree skirt is required for your tree.
· Objects that enhance your tree can be placed under tree to add a finishing touch as well as increase the selling appeal but they are not required. Please provide a box to transport any objects you are placing under your tree. Leave the box with the festival committee upon check out.
If you are including gift certificates, please attach only copies to/or underneath your tree. Place all original gift certificates in an envelope with your tree number and give to committee upon checking out.
· Provide a sign listing the gift certificates and their value under the tree. The Festival Committee will deliver the original gift certificates with the delivery of your tree.
Suggested Equipment Checklist for Decorating Day:
· Wire matching the color of your tree
· Wire cutters, needle nose pliers with side cuts
· Boxes for decorations that are displayed under the tree
· Glue sticks, glue guns, extension cords
· Ladders or stools to reach the height of your tree
· The Festival will provide a sign which will include the Name of the tree, Decorators and Sponsors. We will also provide one easel to put the “sponsor and decorators” sign on. Any other signs must be approved by the Festival committee before placing it by your tree.
· If you have a special story or theme about your tree, you are welcome to place a small sign or poster next to your tree for explanation. For instance, “In memory of”, “a magical experience”, “dedicated to”, etc.
· Because the Festival of Trees is about Seniors in Need, individual business flyers or cards will not be permitted to be passed out by your tree. However, you can attach a business card to a gift basket under your tree.
· We will also provide a daily program of entertainment with all the Festival Sponsors/Tree Contributors listed. Sponsors only will be able to display marketing brochures on a specified table.
Questions and Support:
Sally Nicholls 208-431-4960 firstname.lastname@example.org
Regina Yockey 830-832-0089 email@example.com