FAMILY FRIDAY NIGHTS
6-weeks of Friday night activities for families to enjoy together from 6:00pm - 8:00pm in the gym at FUMC.
These activities will be FREE! Concessions will be available for purchase.
>>> Begins January 24th <<<
- JAN 24: 1-Mile Family Fun Run/Walk - We will begin in the FUMC gym at 6:00pm. Families will learn a few tips and stretches from local runners before heading to Fred Miller Park for a timed 1-mile run/walk. This will be something families can do throughout the week together on their own. Glow bracelets, water and hot chocolate will be provided! We'll end our 6-weeks with another timed run/walk to see if your time has improved!
- JAN 31: Basketball & Cheerleading - basketball leaders will go over a few fundamentals and then divide up and play. Cheerleaders will learn a few basics and chants to perform during the night.
- FEB 7: Jump Rope - We'll have fun learning a few basic jumping rope skills and the benefits! Then, we'll teach a few chants and group jumping as well. It's sure to bring back a lot of memories!
- Feb 14: Game Night - In the busy hubbub of life, it's nice to have tech-free, face to face time with your kids. You'll enjoy board games, minute-to-win-it games, and many more!!
- Feb 21: Volleyball - We'll go over a few basic skills and learn how to understand the basic rules, positions, strategies and tactics needed to play the game. Then we'll enjoy some free time to practice these skills.
- Feb 28: 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk - Participants will begin in the FUMC gym to warm-up and stretch together before doing their final run/walk at Fred Miller Park. We'll compare your first time with your last time and see if you had any improvement. We'll end our night with a celebration in the gym at FUMC!