PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP THIS PAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS
Please call the WRC (941-256-9721) or e-mail Scholarship@mywrc.org if you need access to a computer, have questions or need assistance with this application.
INFORMATION & GUIDELINES:
The Women's Resource Center Inc. (WRC) is a non-for-profit organization whose mission is "to engage, educate, enrich and empower women of all generations. The core of our mission is to provide counseling, education, and training which leads to emotional and financial fulfillment." We offer various education, supportive, networking, and referral services to the community.
The purpose of the Women's Resource Center Scholarship is to recognize, reward, and encourage female students who are pursuing a higher level of education to reach a realistic goal in preparation for employment, self-sufficiency, and advancement in the community.
1. Must be female, 21 years of age or older, with a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Must be a year-round resident of Manatee or Sarasota County.
3. Must be accepted into qualified program. Eligibility includes vocational, two or four-year institution pursuing an undergraduate degree or certification program.
4. Must submit an official transcript and/or an official acceptance letter from the educational institution listed in the scholarship application.
5. Must have established financial need. Please provide requested information and any other relevant documentation that may be requested.
6. WRC employees and their family members are not eligible for scholarships.
7. Submit two (2) letters of recommendation, along with the complete reference sheets. References may include instructors, faculty members, employer, place of worship pastor and/or executive director of an organization where you volunteer. Be sure your references fill out the reference form and upload recommendation letters electronically at mywrc.org/reference. Family members and friends CANNOT be used for references.
APPLICATION PROCESS & REQUIREMENTS:
The completed scholarship application and its attachments must be emailed by midnight on February 22, 2020.
The application must be filled out in its entirety and submitted with the requested documents unless official documents are being forwarded by the school or individuals providing reference letters.
Please include your name on all attachments and make sure reference letters and school acceptance letters have signatures from those whom are writing on your behalf.
Your electronically signed application and accurate completion of the checklist requirements must be provided in order for the Scholarship Review Committee to consider the application.
DETERMINATION OF AWARDS:
The number of scholarships awarded each year is determined by the availability of scholarship funds. The WRC Scholarship Committee members will review all completed applications, interview applicants and make award recommendations to the WRC Board of Directors for approval. Recipients are selected on an objective and competitive basis considering academic and non-academic factors, plus the demonstrated financial need. A personal interview will be required in order to be considered for an award, as well as your availability to attend the scholarship awards ceremony.
ANNOUNCEMENT & AWARD PAYMENTS:
All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the school, a certificate will be presented at a ceremony to be held Sunday, May 17, 2020. Please save this date as attendance at the awards ceremony is expected unless prior approval has been granted. Award money is to be used for tuition and books only, for the school year listed in the application. If a recipient does not attend school during the academic terms for which the scholarship is intended, the award money will be returned by the school to the WRC and forfeited by the scholarship recipient. If it is discovered later that the money was not used as intended and was not returned as outlined, you will forfeit your right to reapply in the future.
Recipients must re-apply each year for consideration of renewal of scholarship funds. Applications will be available for submission on our website www.mywrc.org/about/scholarship/, from January 7, through February 22, 2020, and requires the submission of new documentation for each new school year.