After we receive your request for space, we will send out an invoice. Please do not pay anything until you receive the invoice. In most cases we will ask you to pay a month in advance.
The Small Print:
1. We will endeavor to pay you the first week of each month. At this time, we will also give you a list of the products you have sold. You should also be able to see your weekly sales on the till in the shop.
2. If you would like to take your things out of the shop before the time you have requested above, or if you would like to extend that time, we ask that you give us two weeks' notice. We do not guarantee that we will be able to extend your time, as someone else may have requested the space.
3. While you are welcome to set your products out yourself (we are also happy to do it for you), we reserve the right to move things or change your display – this might be to fill gaps where products have been sold, or because we don’t feel that your products are shown off to their best effect. Displays should show off your products to their best advantage. Please remember that it’s a shop, not a craft fair, and in keeping with that, there are no tablecloths, lights, or business cards (other than your biography) to be placed on the table or shelf, and no hooks on the edge of the table or shelf.
4. It is not always possible to give you your preferred position in the shop, nor is it always possible to showcase everyone’s products on a feature table.
5. If a product does not meet the standards of the shop, we will take it out. Please note – All products must adhere to Trading Standards and Copyright rules. If you have any questions about your products, please contact the Trading Standards Office through your local council.
6. If you would like to sell additional products after initial approval of your main range, you must have them approved first. Secondary products should be of the same standard as your main range, and should complement your other products, and should not, under any circumstances be the same as anyone else’s in the shop.
7. If a product is damaged in the shop, we will refund you 50% of the price of the product, however we regret that we cannot refund you for lost or stolen goods.
8. We are proud of the fact that the Craft Coop Shop is an award winning shop, and we expect you to behave in a manner reflecting this. This includes: being on time, being friendly and informative, keeping personal items (including phones) and drinks out of sight, not sitting behind the till, and keeping the shop tidy.
9. We are all in this together, and we expect you to help each other out, to be nice to each other, to sell other people’s products as if they were your own, to promote the shop whenever you can, and to help out if possible when we move around in or between shops.
10. Unless otherwise agreed, we expect you to do one shift per week your products are in the shop. If possible, you should try to include one weekend shift per month. You can carry forward extra shifts, or make up shifts in the following month if necessary. If you leave the shop without fulfilling all of your shift duties, we will charge you £20 per shift.
11. Except in the case of an emergency, if you need to switch a rota shift, it’s up to you to do this – you will have been given a contact sheet with phone numbers & email addresses of craftspeople with products currently in the shop to enable you to do this. If you have any problems with your shifts, please contact Gill Connolly.