The Humanist Society sincerely appreciates your interest in our endorsements for humanist professionals. Please be sure you understand the expectations and requirements for each endorsement you are applying for.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis, and the application process typically takes 2-4 weeks to review, approve, and issue credentials. You can speed up the process by paying your fees in a timely manner and ensuring we receive your references.
Our standard procedure includes the following steps:
- Staff will check your application, references, and paid fees
- Staff schedules and completes phone interview
- Your application, references, and summary of the phone interview will be reviewed by the Humanist Society Endorsement Committee for a vote on your endorsement
- The Committee reviews applications on a weekly basis on Fridays, and has one week to review and vote on applications.
- You will be notified of the Committee’s determination the following week, and instructed on any necessary final steps.
*If you are looking to renew your existing endorsement, you can do that here.
**You must pay your application fee online or mail a check before your application will be considered. Checks should be made payable to "The Humanist Society" and mailed to:
The Humanist Society
1821 Jefferson Place NW
Washington D.C. 20036