Created in 2011, Artistes en Residence develops two residency programs: the Cross Residencies and the Intramuros Residencies. The three main goals are the studio work, the exchange between different contemporary art agents and the promotion of the international mobility.
For 2020, Artistes en Résidence launches a new residency format: The Intramuros Residency – 100 days. The primary goal of this new program is to welcome artists and researchers for a period of 100 days without any geographical or age limit. The 3 selected artists will be free to organize their working periods between September 2020 and July 2021. The periods of residence in Clermont-Ferrand will be decided in agreement with the team of Artistes en Résidence, according to the availability of the apartment and the studios. The selected artists can also opt by doing the residency in 100 consecutive days.
The new format of the Intramuros Residency aims to be more attentive towards research, and also allow artists to establish a stronger bond with the territory. Artistes en Résidence does not require any final productions at the end of the residency period. The selected artists are invited to propose a public presentation/talk at the beginning of the residency period, in order to share their work with the local artistic community to facilitate possible links.
The candidates are invited to suggest the residency periods in the application form, if they already have a projection.
3 artists will be selected for the 1st edition of Intramuros Residency – 100 days.
The selection will be carried out according to their artistic practices
and not according to specific projects.
The selected artists will benefit from :
- A financial aid of 4000 euros (travel costs included).
- A studio and accommodation during the residency period to be
shared among the selected artists.
The facilities :
- A 90m2 apartment with 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, 2 bathrooms and 1 living room, located about 10 min walk from the city center of Clermont-Ferrand.
- A 200 m2 garden adjoining the apartment.
- A 200m2 shared studio located at an industrial area of Clermont-Ferrand about 20 minutes from the center by tramway.
The residence has some basic tools: screwdriver, circular saw, vacuum cleaner. For other technical conditions, partnerships with other local structures are possible.
To apply :
- Fill in the application form accessible at the bottom of this page.
- A .pdf with portfolio and artistic CV included (max.25MB).
- A project or note of intention is not required.
The residency will take place between September 2020 and July 2021.
The application deadline is on the 29th of February 2020.
The results will be announced mid-April 2020.
All questions related to this open call should be addressed to: