TERMS & CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. The Academy Sports & Fitness Club is a member club.
2. On your application being accepted, membership entitles you to use all the facilities of the club and to join all programs and classes. All private tuition and certain programmed group courses incur an extra charge. Please ask your membership advisor for further details.
3. Payment of membership fee must be paid in full or by direct debit before sports club use commences.
4. 30 days’ notice (written) is required when cancelling a Direct Debit or recurring payment.
5. Club membership is not transferable and non-refundable. A temporary freeze can only be obtained with a medical certificate. There is a minimum term of 30 days and a maximum freeze of 6 months on 12 months membership only.
6. The Club Management reserves the right to utilize the Club Facilities for special events, private parties, seminars, tournaments, or other activities which it may deem desirable.
7. The club is not responsible for the loss of personal items or damage to personal property either on the Club premises or in the parking area.
8. It is always the responsibility of the parents or guardians of children under 16 years to supervise those children while they are on the Club premises.
9. In the event of major reconstruction of the Club premises, every effort will be made by Management to eliminate any diminution of Club services. Membership will not be suspended and member’s co-operation in this respect is assumed.
10. The Club’s General Fitness Evaluation (below) must be completed and signed by all Applicants in advance of using the Club facilities.
11. Suitbale gym/working out clothes/shoes must always be worn.
12. Applicants who are unsuccessful will not be given any reason for such refusal of membership. Club membership may be terminated by the management committee for violation of any rule or regulation of the Club or conduct deemed by the management to be detrimental to the welfare, good order or character of the Club and its members.
v Members are requested to accept responsibility for their personal, medical, and physical condition to take part in Club activities including the use of the gym and gym equipment. Any assessment undertaken is for general information only with a view to give advice and should not be relied on by members as certifying their fitness or otherwise to use the Club facilities or equipment.
v The Club advises all members to consult with their doctor prior to beginning a program of physical exercise.
v In activating my membership, I acknowledge I have volunteered to participate (whether I do or not in fact participate) in programs of progressing physical exercise. The possibility of certain unusual changes during exercise does exist, for example, disorders of heartbeat and exceedingly rare instances of heart attack or death. To my knowledge I do not have any limiting physical condition or disability, which would preclude an exercise program. I have been and/or are hereby informed of the need to undergo a physician’s examination prior to my application of membership. I have recently undergone such an examination or have declined to so do. In declining to undergo an examination, I acknowledge that I accept complete responsibility for my health and well-being in all and any voluntary exercise fitness programs and related testing.
v I hereby give permission to The Academy Sports & Fitness Club to automatically charge my account for any monies owed on memberships/classes/personal training sessions. Payment information will be removed from our systems immediately after membership is cancelled in writing within a 30-day period.
v The Academy Sports & Fitness Club stores client’s personal data in a secure online portal, in line with GDPR regulations. Client data is removed from our system once membership is terminated.
v I hereby acknowledge and agree that I will enjoy the facilities provided with the Club(s) entirely at my own risk and that I will not hold or endeavour to hold liable The Academy Sports & Fitness Club (or Nab Academy Ltd.), its servants, agents officers, employees or representatives for any injury, loss, damage or expense incurred by me or on my behalf or suffered by me or my behalf arising out of the use or enjoyment of any of the facilities of the said Clubs, howsoever arising.
v I hereby confirm and accept that I shall not hold The Academy Sports & Fitness Club responsible for any damage or injury, howsoever, or whensoever caused to me arising from or due to the negligence of The Academy Sports & Fitness Club.
I hereby apply for the membership of The Academy Sports & Fitness Club. I understand that my applications for admission to membership of the Club shall be made strictly subject to the Rules, Bye Laws and Regulations of the Club. Should my application be successful, and I am elected a member of the Club, I hereby agree to comply with and be bound by the rules of the Club and those Conditions of Membership as set out above. I acknowledge and confirm that I fully understand the effect and importance of the above-mentioned Acknowledgements and Conditions of Membership.
Declaration of Health: COVID-19
By agreeing with these terms and conditions you are declaring and confirming that:
· You have not had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: sore throat, cough, fever 38C or above, Breathlessness etc or / Other: specific by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
· You have not travelled outisde the country in the last 14 days, please specify travel details in an email to email@example.com giving name of country, date of arrival and date of departure.
· You or any immediate family member have come in close contact with a confirmed case of the coronavirus in the last 14 days.
· If there are any other details you feel you need to declare in relation to COVID-19 or knowledge of contact outside of the above, please contact us and your GP.
· Please ensure hygiene (respiratory hygiene and handwashing) etiquette while present in our facilities. Please use the hand sanitising stations located among the building.
· Maintain a 2-metre distance from staff and other club members at all times.
Terms and Conditions updated August 1st, 2020