Etiquette & Expectations
PLEASE READ AND INDICATE ACCEPTANCE FOR BOTH SECTIONS.
Assemble Learning and Events Center is located on a very busy street. We expect parents/guardians to escort their student(s) (under age of 13) into and out of the building. Students under that age will not be allowed to leave unaccompanied. If a parent or guardian is—for any reason—unable to walk their student(s) into or out of the building, let us know, so that other arrangements can be discussed. Younger students will wait inside the classroom after class until a parent or guardian arrives.
It is important to us that we avoid rehearsals beyond scheduled class times. Therefore, it is important that students arrive to class on time prepared to rehearse. Likewise, it is vital that parents/guardians pick their students up on time (please see above about accompanying younger students) in order to respect the rehearsal time of following classes. If a parent is late, the child will be kept in the classroom for safety. If the lateness becomes habitual, a fee of $15 per occurrence will be added to tuition.
If you have occasion where you wish to discuss something with your child’s instructor, please arrange a time with that instructor, as opposed to trying to carry out that discussion between classes. You may also contact a teacher at any time to arrange a meeting. Please remember, your child’s safety, well-being, and learning, are our first priorities.
Student Etiquette Expectations:
In the Building —
Students are expected to treat the waiting areas, restrooms, hallways, etc., with respect by doing the following:
- Students should wait quietly in the waiting areas before or after classes, remembering that other classes are still in session.
- Students should keep their voices low and avoid roughhousing or running through the hallways and classrooms.
- Students are expected to pick up after themselves. Any clothing (coats, etc.) or snacks should be kept contained, organized, and should leave with them.
- Students should remain in the building—at all times—except during drop-off and pick-up (and if under 13, should be accompanied by parent/guardian during that transition).
In the Classroom —
- Students are expected to come to class excited to participate and learn.
- Students will show respect to their fellow students by being kind and allowing every student to have a safe place to explore their creativity and imagination.
- Students are expected to use the restroom before class begins, and will otherwise be expected to wait until class is finished.
- No gum, candy, food, or drink allowed in class.
- Students are expected to listen without interruption when the instructor is talking and to raise their hands if they have questions. They are also expected to wait quietly while other students are asking questions or being helped by the instructor.
- Students are expected to use their manners (e.g. “Please,” “Thank you,” “Excuse me,” etc.), and keep their hands to themselves.
If there are any concerns, please speak with Tiffin, Molly, Lindsay, or Sarah. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”