Venue - lakeside Superbowl Newbury, Newbury,Leisure Park, RG19 3AL
DATE - Sunday 23rd February
Squad 1 8.50 Practice
Squad 2 14.20 Practice
£135 per team
(£45 per person)
COMBINED SCRATCH/HDCP PRIZE FUND
£1840(Based on 32 teams)
Optional Scratch High Game Pots - £10 to enter
Tournament manager – Sarah Hood - email@example.com
Sanction Number - 19/0121
Each trios team will bowl 6 games moving lanes after each game. There will be a lane redress between squads. The overall winning teams will be those with either the highest scratch or handicap pinfall after all 6 games in both squads have been completed.
8.05 Squad 1 Registration opens
8.50 Squad 1 Practice
9.00 Squad 1 Starts
13.30 Squad 1 Finishes
13.35 Squad 2 Registration opens
14.20 Squad 2 Practice
14.30 Squad 2 Starts
19.00 Squad 2 Finishes
NB BTBA Tour ranking points will be awarded based on the individuals scratch scores
1. Entry Fee is £135 per team. All entry fees must be paid in cash on the day.
Entry Fee (per person) breakdown as follows:
Combined Prize Fund £19.17
BTBA Tournament Sanction Fee £2
BTBA Tour Pot Contribution £5
** Optional Scratch pot game ** - £10
Rules and Regulations
1. This tournament is sanctioned by the BTBA and will be played under their General Playing and Tournament rules, together with the following special rules.
2. Bowlers who are not members of the BTBA or fail to provide proof of membership are permitted to bowl providing they sign up for a year’s BTBA membership (£25). BTBA Membership will be checked on the BTBA database which is accessible at btba.org.uk. If the membership is subsequently proved 14 days after the conclusion of the tournament the individuals £25.00 will be returned.
3. A provisional ball must be rolled if a dispute relating to pin fall cannot be resolved immediately.
4. Protests must be made within 30 minutes of any infraction occurring and confirmed in writing within 72 hours to the Tournament Manager.
5. The Tournament Manager is Sarah Hood. All correspondence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Tournament Manager reserves the right to reject and/or re-rate any entry and their decision on all matters shall be final, subject to an appeal to the BTBA.
6. Each trios team must contain at least 1 female or male bowler. Squads may be reserved by email to the tournament manager, but the entry form MUST be received before the squad registration. Squads will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
7. Registration opens 45 minutes before each squad is due to begin practice. Each squad will have 10 minutes practice before Game 1 only.
8. Handicaps will be based on 100% the difference between your entering average and 220.
9. Entering averages will be determined using the BTBA Tour rolling average (over a minimum of 12 games) as priority.
a) Any remaining bowlers without a valid BTBA Tour rolling average and must declare their highest sanctioned (string or freefall) league or tournament average over 12 games.
b) Free Fall and String averages are both acceptable without differentiation for all handicap tournaments. Stringed centres are subject to the usual BTBA lane certification process.
c) We will not recognise an average from a non-sanctioned league.
d) We will only use averages from a CURRENT SEASON
e) Proof of entering average MUST be provided before any handicap prize money is distributed.
8. Each team can only win one cash prize. If your team qualifies for a cash prize in the handicap and scratch section, then you will be awarded whatever the highest cash prize is. EXAMPLE; If you finished 3rd in the scratch section and 2nd in the handicap section, you will win the 2nd placed prize in the handicap section, and every team in the scratch section will be moved up a place.
9. BTBA Tour Ranking Points will be awarded based on the individual’s scratch score after 6 games.
10. In the event of a tie, the team with the highest last game will be awarded the place. If this results in a further tie, the team with the highest penultimate game will be awarded the place
11. The wearing of denim jeans, combat clothing and vests is prohibited.
12. This is a non-smoking event and no alcohol is allowed during the competition.
13. Before, during, and after the event there could be photography, filming or video taken of participants and medal winners by anyone attending the event, either as an official, spectator, parent or guardian. If you (as a participant, parent or guardian) object to this, you must make your objections known to the Tournament Manager prior to the event starting and reasonable adjustments will be made.