Room Change Request Process
If you are interested in moving to a different room or room type please submit this request. Requests are processed in the order they are received and there is no guarantee that the room type you preference will be available. If a room is available and you are next on the Room Change Request List you will be contacted and given a deadline to respond and accept or deny an offer to change rooms. After this time, if we don't receive a response, the offer is void and we will proceed to the next person on the list. We do not provide updates on where individuals are on the list, and offers will be made until rooms are filled.
1. Complete this Room Change Request Form.
2. The Office of Residence Life will contact you via email letting you know if your room change request has been approved or denied.
3. If your room change request is approved you will receive instructions on how to go about moving.
4. If your room change request is denied you may submit another room change request. The new request must be different from the one that was denied. (For example: If you want a specific single bedroom, 3602A, but do not get it, you may resubmit to be placed in any single other than 3602A.)
Room Rates (Spring 2020)
• Wabash Single Bedroom = $4859.61
• Wabash Double Bedroom = $4585.33
• Wabash Triple Bedroom = $4023.61
• Wabash Quad Bedroom = $3478.46
• UC, Double Deluxe = $5358.00
• UC, Quad Semi Suite = $4723.68
• UC, 2 Bedroom Shared Apt = $5651.77
• UC, 4 Bedroom Private Apt = $6914.53
Terms and Conditions
Room change requests will only be granted based on availability and ARE NOT A GUARANTEE.
During Room Change Week, the Office of Residence Life does not force residents to move out of rooms they have selected or been assigned to and that there is no guarantee that you will receive a specific preference, room or roommate.
RMU residents are only allowed to request moves to other spaces on RMU floors.
Room change requests will be processed in the order in which they are received.
You may only submit one room change request at a time. You may not submit additional requests until you receive communication about the first request. If multiple requests are submitted, the Office of Residence Life will only respond to requests in the order received based on time stamp.
If submitting a request for a group move (i.e. you and your suite mates are requesting to maintain your roommate status just in a different room), each person involved must submit an individual form.
While Housekeeping staff cleaned spaces prior to Move-In 2019, it is not possible for them to clean rooms during the Room Change process. Therefore, accepting an offer to move to another room means you accept the cleanliness of that room as is.
Room change requests will be handled on a case by case basis. The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to not approve a room change request.
Questions about this process should be emailed to: email@example.com