Liability Waiver & Media Release
In regards to my child’s or my participation in or reenactment of the activities related to Tribal Wisdom Academy, LLC, I acknowledge all of the following:
1. Voluntary Participation. I acknowledge that I have voluntarily registered my child(ren) and/or myself to participate in Tribal Wisdom Academy programs.
2. The assumption of inherent outdoor risk: I AM AWARE THAT THE TRIBAL WISDOM ACADEMY ACTIVITIES ARE HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES, AND CARRY RISKS THAT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO ABRASIONS, CUTS, LOSS OF LIMBS, CONTUSIONS, MUSCLE STRAINS, BROKEN BONES, DISEASE, INFECTIONS OR EVEN DEATH. These risks may result not only from MY OR MY MINOR’s own actions, inactions or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the condition of the facilities, equipment, or areas where the Tribal Wisdom Academy is being conducted. I understand and accept that nature has inherent risks that may include exposure to poison oak, stinging nettle, and other plants that the child(ren) may touch or ingest. Ethnobotany instruction may also include the tasting of plants and I accept the risks of possible allergic reactions or toxins. I understand and accept the risks of toxic or poisonous insects and animals, Lyme Disease, rabies, bird flu and other diseases and infections that may be transmitted by exposure or class interaction with living or dead insects or animals. I am voluntarily participating and/or permitting my child(ren) to participate in the understanding of these and related risks involved. ON BEHALF OF MY CHILD(REN) AND FAMILY AND MYSELF I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS.
3. Readiness for Activity. I certify that my minor(s) and/or myself is/are in good health and has/have no physical or mental condition that would affect safe participation in the program.
4. Liability Release. I hereby agree on behalf of myself and my child(ren) and family that neither myself nor my assignees, heirs, and legal representatives nor my child(ren) and my child(ren)’s assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives will make a claim against, sue, or attach Ben Jamin Walker, Claire Yue Liu, associates, employees, volunteers, any substitutes, or the property of Tribal Wisdom Academy or Los Gatos Farms on account of injury or damage resulting from the negligence or other acts, howsoever caused, by the aforementioned employee(s), agent(s), member(s), or associate(s) of the Tribal Wisdom Academy as a result of my or my child(ren)’s participation the activities. I hereby release Ben Jamin Walker and Claire Yue Liu and their employees, agents, members, or associates, from all actions, claims, or demands that I or my assignees, heirs, and legal representatives or my child(ren) and my child(ren)’s assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from my or my child(ren)’s or family's participation in Tribal Wisdom Academy.
5. Horse related activities are solely provided by Los Gatos Farms or other contracted vendors and are not part of Tribal Wisdom Academy Programs. The parent agrees to sign a supplemental Horse Stable Visitor Waiver before attending programs.
6. Knowing and Voluntary Execution. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN ME AND MY CHILD(REN), AND Tribal Wisdom Academy, AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. My electronic signature on this document is intended to bind not only myself but also my successors, heirs, representatives, administrators, and assignees.
7. Media Release: I/we minors/adults/guardians named OR family members later/previously enrolled or present during activities, do hereby give Tribal Wisdom Academy, and its assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives, and heirs the past/present/future irrevocable right to use my name (or any fictional name), picture, portrait, video, live-stream or photograph/video/sound-recording/literary-work in all forms and in all media and in all manners, including the use of facial recognition technologies and apps, without any restriction as to changes or alterations (including but not limited to composite or distorted representations or derivative works made in any medium) for advertising, trade, sale, promotion, exhibition, or any other purposes, and I/we waive any right to inspect or approve the photograph/video/sound-recording/literary-work or finished versions including written copy that may be created and appear in connection therewith.
I/we hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Photographer, his or her assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives and heirs and 3rd party providers from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of the photographs/video and other media, or in any processing tending toward the completion of the finished product.
I/we agree that Tribal Wisdom Academy and its assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives, and heirs own the copyright to the photographs/videos/ sound-recordings/literary-work (including any photographs/videos/ sound-recordings/literary-works made by participants, family, visitors, friends, camp staff or helpers in relation to the program) and I/we hereby waive any claims I/we may have based on any usage of the photographs or works derived therefrom, including but not limited to claims for either invasion of privacy or libel. I/we or my parent/guardian am/is of full age and competent to sign this release. I/we agree that this release shall be binding on me, my legal representatives, heirs, and assigns. I/we have fully read this release and am/are entirely familiar with its contents.
Parents acknowledge that all horse and animal activities are owned, operated and insured by Los Gatos Farms or other vendors, and not by Tribal Wisdom Academy, LLC. The availability of horses and livestock is not guaranteed.
Tribal Wisdom Academy, LLC, Waldo Photos and our affiliates may at any time broadcast or post all camp activities worldwide which may include minors and adults named on this waiver.
The camp location or program may change as needed in case of a forest fire, smoke, or other reasons.
Pandemic Contingency Plan:
Parents agree to keep their sick or fevered children at home, including children who are living with a person infected with a Coronavirus.
Kids attending camp will each wear safety glasses, and surgical masks or respirators if available. In such a case, camps will feature small isolated class groups. Parents agree to follow the TWA strict Outdoor Covid-19 Safety Protocols in our deep forest Los Gatos location. The updated protocols will be emailed to the parents during the week before camp.
Credit for missed camp days will be given automatically (no doctor's note required) during the following months or summers.
This waiver includes the requirement to opt-in to email and/or snail-mail announcements from Tribal Wisdom Academy and agreement to sign-up for our current camp photo/media vending partner. Your contact information is not shared with other companies, except our media vending partner and Los Gatos Farms.
Thanks! This summer will be amazing!
Please have kids wear non-logo shirts and hats. (Logos that we don't own will greatly complicate our videos).