1. ANNUAL REGISTRATION FEE: A non-refundable registration fee of $100 due at the time of registration. This fee is not applied to tuition and covers registration for all children in the household for the 2020-2021 school year including summer preschool.
2. TUITION: Class tuition varies by program, but all program tuition fees are based on a 10 month school year in session September – June. Discovery Village does not give credit for vacation breaks, weather closures or absences.
There are two payment options offered, monthly payments or pay in full.
Payments made by credit card will be charged a convenience charge equal to the merchant fees paid by Discovery Village. Payments made online through Quickbooks by check (ACH) will not be charged any fees, the secure system only requires you to enter your banking infornation once.
You will receive a tuition bill on July 1st at the billing email you have listed.The first month's tuition and supply fee is due by August 1st, 2020, if it has not been recieved by that time the position will be offered to the next student on the established waitlist.
3. LATE PAYMENTS & WITHDRAWLS: Tuition is due by the 1st of each month. A $30 late fee will be charged for any invoice no paid by the 10th of the month. We require 30 days written notice if you wish to withdraw your child from Discovery Village. Notification of 29 days or less will result in payment of full tuition. Extended care (Lunchbunch) will be charged a 10% fee if not paid within 15 days.
4. SIBLING DISCOUNT: Families with two or more enrolled receive a 5% discount on each child. Sibling discount does not apply to application or supply fees. Sibling discount cannot be combined with any other discount. (Military or Pay in Full). The maximum discount offered is 5% on tuition per child.
5. MILITARY DISCOUNT: Active duty military may apply for Discovery Village military discount of 5% on tuition. Discount does not apply to registration or supply fees. Military discount cannot be combined with any other discount. (Sibling or Pay in Full). The maximum discount offered is 5% on tuition.
6. PAY IN FULL DISCOUNT: Receive a 5% discount when you pay the year’s entire tuition and supply fees on or before August 1, 2019 (payments made by credit card are subject to the merchant fees we are charged). Pay in full discount cannot be combined with any other discount. The maximum discount offered is 5% on tuition.
7. MULTIPLE CLASS DISCOUNT: Multiple class discount may apply to families enrolling in two or more classes offered during the school year. (September- June). Multiple class discount is non applicable for summer classes. Multiple class discount cannot be combined with any other discounts. The Maximum discount is 5% on tuition.
8. SUPPLY FEE: The annual supply fee will be collected with 1st month’s tuition. The supply fee is non-refundable if a student withdraws.
9. RETURNED CHECK FEE: A $25.00, NSF charge, is applied to all returned checks.
10. DISCOVERY VILLAGE MEMBERSHIP: With enrollment in Discovery Village Preschool, enrolled students will receive a Family Membership to Discovery Village (open play). This membership is valid while a child is enrolled in preschool, typically September – June.
11. HEALTH: Keeping everyone healthy is very important. The classrooms and play exhibits are cleaned continually throughout the day. If you notice any signs of illness or know your child has recently been exposed to an illness, please do not bring your child to Discovery Village.
12. MEDICATIONS: If your child requires daily medication, Discovery Village will administer only after a medicine disbursement form is filled out and the medicine is in original packaging; this includes over the counter medications as well. DO NOT put medications in your child’s backpack. They must be handed to your child’s teacher with the completed disbursement form.
13. DIRECTORY: A classroom directory will be provided for each family. The directory is not to be used to solicit other parents for anything other than setting up play dates or invitations to parties.
14. ZERO TOLERANCE: Discovery Village is a tobacco, drug and weapon free environment. We have a zero tolerance policy and any student that brings any of the above will be expelled immediately.
15. VOLUNTEERS: Parents are always welcome at Discovery Village. Please speak with your child’s teacher if you are interested in volunteer opportunities. All parents that wish to volunteer in a classroom must submit information for a WA State background check.
16. APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR: Our goal at Discovery Village is to provide a fun, safe, clean and nurturing environment for your child to learn. Hitting, spitting, biting, kicking or any other type of violent behavior will not be accepted at Discovery Village. Appropriate language is also an expectation of all students. Disrespectful behavior or language will not be tolerated. If a child is deliberately harming him or herself or other children, they will be removed from the classroom immediately and we will contact you for a possible pick up.
17. SAFETY DRILLS: Safety drills (earthquake/fire/other emergency) will be practiced at Discovery Village. Your child will be required to have an emergency kit on hand at the school.
18. READY TO LEARN: Please send your child to school every day well rested, well fed and prepared to learn. Please bring a backpack to school with a change of clothing and/or diapers. Communication from your teacher or the office will be sent home in your child’s backpack.
19. MINIMUM CLASS REGISTRATION: All preschool classes must have a minimum of 8 students enrolled 30 days prior to the first day of class in order to run. Discovery Village reserves the right to cancel or merge classes up to one month prior to the start of a class. If a class is cancelled, or times/dates change all fees collected for the class will be refunded upon request.
20. LATE PICKUP : If you are more than 10 minutes late to pick up your child, they will join lunch bunch or the Discovery Foundation's afternoon program and you will be invoiced for the corresponding charge.