To promote higher education, the American Dream Scholarship was established to assist deserving students in the DFW area. In 2020, we are proud to offer three (3) scholarships of $1000 each. Below is the eligibility criteria.
Read and follow the instructions below carefully prior to submitting your application. All winners will be notified on or before the May 20, 2020.
• Current home-schooled or high school seniors in traditional HS programs
• 1st generation or immigrant to the United States
• Anticipating completion of high school diploma by summer of 2020
• Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
• Minimum 3.0 current GPA
Only applications containing the following documentation will be considered for review:
• Complete scholarship application form
• Essay – Candidate must choose from ONE of three topics listed in the essay section below.
(essay must be must typed, double spaced, and no more than 750 words)
• Letter or copy of school transcripts showing current school activity and GPA
• Address verification document(s) showing that applicant currently resides in the DFW area
• List of accredited post-secondary institutions student has applied to or has been accepted
Optional – The following documents can be included but are NOT required. They may provide candidate with competitive edge:
• List of any Community Service activities and contact person
• Summary of Candidate’s goals
Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2020. We will review the applications and select the three (3) scholarship recipients who will receive the award during the Immigrant Journey Awards Gala on June 12, 2020 in celebration of Immigrant Heritage Month. Award recipients MUST attend the Gala. Please do not apply if you are unable to attend on June 12, 2020.