Great Performances Artist Fellowship Awards 2020!
The Fellowship Awards are back and Great Performances is awarding four $5000 grants to its staff who have artistic projects they are looking to get funded!
Do you have an idea that you’ve been seeking funding to get off the ground? This is your chance to make it happen!
This year we’ll be splitting the application process into two rounds. The deadline for Round 1 is Monday, February 17th, at which point all applications will be sent off to our panel of external judges.
Successful applicants will be selected by the judges for Round 2 which will be announced on Monday, March 2nd. Those shortlisted will have until Friday, March 27th to complete and submit their full proposal. The judges will review final proposals and make their decisions.
The Fellowship Awards will take place on Friday, May 1st, during which winners will be announced.
Questions? Sign up on this form to register your interest and we’ll invite you to the fellowship seminar where you can ask questions and get tips on how to create a successful proposal.
Or email email@example.com
What kind of projects?
All artistic projects will be considered! Past project submissions have included:
- Short Films
- Music Production and Recording
- Devised Theatre
- New Staged Productions
- Art Installations
- Magazine Publishing
- Dance Productions
- Education in the Arts
- Fashion Design
- Creative Writing
- Graphic Design
What are the criteria?
- You must have completed a minimum of 400 hours in 2019 (250 if you started working for GP after 8/21/2019)
- You must currently be an hourly employee active on the GP payroll and in good standing with the company
- Previous recipients of a grant may not reapply
- Previous applicants who were not awarded a grant may reapply
- The winners will be those with projects that are feasible to complete with $5,000
- The winners will be those with projects that are feasible to complete by June of 2021
How do I start my proposal?
Round 1 Submissions
Applicants for Round 1 must submit two items: a short pitch video and a budget.
The video should:
- Include the creative concept
- Illustrate how it will help your career as an artist
- Be no longer than 2 minutes
You can make your video any way you like: a self-recorded talking head; a fully edited music video; or a slideshow presentation. It’s totally up to you. Simply upload the video to either Youtube or Vimeo and submit the link. Make sure the judges have a clear idea of what you want to do, and how you think the grant will help your career!
The budget should provide details on:
- How funds will be allocated
- If additional funds will be needed to complete the project
- Where (if at all) additional funds will be sourced from
- Be as detailed as possible including breaking down costs and including links to any relevant purchases or services you will require.
Round 2 Submissions
On Monday, February 24th, you will find out if you are continuing to Round 2, which will require that you draft a full grant proposal for your project.
What does my proposal have to include?
- Introduction to the project
- Details on the idea itself
- Biographies of yourself and any team members
- History of your project, or where the idea comes from
- Timeline/project plan moving forward (and past dates if applicable)
- A complete budget template and budget narrative explaining how you will allocate funds and why the expenses are necessary. If additional funds beyond the Fellowship Award are needed to complete the project, identify the source of funds.
- Post project plans, what happens after it's finished (where does this project lead to)
- Attachments of images/videos/samples of the work proposed.
Grants will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- How will this Award help you grow as an Artist?
- How is your project creative and unique?
- Is your project viable with the Award alone or will you need to supplement your budget with funds from other sources?
- What is your financial need?
- How does this project help to further your career?
- What is your timeline?
We’re excited to see your ideas! Please let us know if you have any questions!