RECORDING RELEASE AGREEMENT
Recordings are generally broadcast at least once, and assessed for inclusion in either the recorded material archive or the general Fine Music Sydney recordings library. Concerts in the recorded material archive will be re-broadcast periodically as part of programs dedicated to local recordings. Concerts in the general library will be broadcast as part of Fine Music Sydney regular programming. Fine Music Sydney aims to broadcast the performance as close to the recording date as possible however the recording often needs to be edited and the broadcast quality of the recorded performance must be checked prior to being programmed and going to air.
If a live broadcast is arranged the right to withdraw the performance is waived unless the live broadcast is cancelled with a month’s notice in writing as the time slot has to be reallocated in programming.
A. The Applicant hereby requests Fine Music Sydney to allocate a sound recording technician to record the Performance on the Performance Date and at the Performance Venue specified above. The Applicant acknowledges that in making this request, Fine Music Sydney will commit financial and other resources to supply necessary personnel and equipment if the application is approved.
B. The Applicant hereby grants permission to the Fine Music Sydney to record, archive, broadcast and use the Performance on the following terms:
1. Fine Music Sydney is hereby given a perpetual licence to broadcast the performance at the sole discretion of FM 102.5, subject to FM 102.5 being satisfied both of the technical quality of the recording and of the musical quality of the performance recorded.
2. This licence also includes the right of Fine Music Sydney to supply any member of the Fine Music Network with a copy of the Performance or with any portion of a broadcast that includes the Performance; and supply a perpetual licence to that Fine Music network member to broadcast the Performance.
3. This licence includes the additional rights for Fine Music Sydney to:
a. make a copy of the broadcast for its archive
b. include the Performance and its content in whole or in part as part of a sponsorship segment promoting the station or the broadcast, including the right to publish any literary work hereby licensed for broadcast on Fine Music Sydney website or in any of its print publications.
c. use any photos taken of the Applicant, Performer or Performance in conjunction with the exercise of other rights to promote the broadcast.
4. The Applicant undertakes to update Contact Details from time to time by notifying Fine Music Sydney using any of the above methods within fourteen days of any material change.
5. Fine Music Sydney will provide the Applicant with a raw mix of the recording on CD free of charge within 21 days after the Performance Date posted by ordinary mail to the Applicant at the above address which shall be deemed received on the next working day after posting (If within the Sydney region). This timing may change depending on broadcast date. Once permission is granted for the performance to be broadcast, the applicant will be notified by the Program Coordinator of the proposed b/c date.
6. With the exception of Live Broadcasts, The Applicant may withdraw any of these permissions only on the grounds of severe artistic error having decided that:
a) they do not wish to have the recording broadcast; Or
b) they wish to delete a particular work from the broadcast;
7. In the event that the Applicant wishes to withdraw any permission based upon severe artistic error, the Applicant must notify the Program Coordinator immediately in writing by email or by phone within 5 days after receipt of the Audition Master specifying why the rights are withdrawn.
8. If permission to broadcast is withdrawn, then the raw mix must be returned to FM102.5 and all copies destroyed.
9. If permission to broadcast is granted, an archival master copy of the performance will be sent free of charge
Recognition of Recording.
We request that a verbal message is conveyed to the audience, indicating that due to the performance being recorded, that all mobile phones are switched off and that Fine Music Sydney and the recording engineer are recognised for recording the performance. Also, that it can be heard on Fine Music Sydney within a few months.