I, the undersigned, as a volunteer acting on behalf of the Midland Area Community Foundation (the “Foundation”), understand that in the course of my volunteer activities I may obtain information about the Foundation, its donors, and its prospect that is confidential and/or proprietary to the Foundation.
Such “Confidential Information” includes:
(1) any Foundation information regarding an individual or corporate Foundation donor or prospect, including but not limited to, donor records, lists, addresses, assets, trusts, family data, estate or tax information, charitable giving history, or gifts to or services provided for donors by the Foundation;
(2) all nonpublic financial information concerning the Foundation, including but not limited to, salaries paid to employees, spending policy projections, investment and similar information;
(3) all plans and projections for new or developing resources of the Foundation, including marketing and fund raising techniques;
(4) all information relating to the Foundation’s resource development activities, employee lists, personnel matters, trade secrets and other confidential or proprietary information;
(5) information obtained as part of the grant review process; or
(6) any of the information described in subsections (1) through (5) of this paragraph that the Foundation obtains from another party or entity and that the Foundation treats or designates as confidential or proprietary information, whether or not such information is owned or was developed by the Foundation.
I have been advised of the Foundation’s Policy on Confidentiality of Donor Records and Donor Anonymity, and I agree to comply with this policy.
I agree that I will not, without prior written approval by an officer of the Foundation: (1) misappropriate, (2) use for the purpose of competing with the Foundation, either directly or indirectly, or (3) disclose to any third party, either directly or indirectly, all or any part of any Confidential Information, regardless of whether or not developed by me during the course of my activities on behalf of the Foundation, unless the use or disclosure of any Confidential Information is required to carry out my assigned duties on behalf of the Foundation.
I understand and agree that all grant files, contribution files, donor records, donor lists, charitable gift information, resource development data, manuals, letters, contracts, agreements, notes, notebooks, records, minutes, reports, memoranda and all other Foundation materials, documents and data used, prepared or collected by me as part of my activities on behalf of the Foundation, in whatever form, are and will remain the property of the Foundation. Upon the end of my volunteer activities with the Foundation, I will to return to the Foundation all such documents, records, and other Foundation property, including anything containing Confidential Information.