Early Music America offers a limited number of scholarships each year to early musicians at all levels of experience to support attendance at early music workshops in the United States and Canada.
1) Early Music America membership is required of all applicants.
Historical performance students qualify for a one-year complimentary student membership. If you are unsure of your membership status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) 2019 EMA Scholarship recipients will be eligible to apply again in 2021.
Application Instructions and Information
1) Completed online application forms must be submitted by Monday, April 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET.
2) The letter of recommendation must be submitted by Friday, April 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the letter of recommendation is received by EMA by the deadline.
3) Applicants can submit an application for more than one workshop. If you are applying for multiple workshops, you must submit a separate application for each workshop.
4) While the monetary amounts of these scholarships are set between $750-$1250, the number of scholarships awarded will be determined by the judges based on the applicant pool received.
5) Scholarship announcements will be made by Friday, May 1, 2020.
6) Questions may be sent to EMA at email@example.com.
We highly encourage you to submit your application several days prior to the deadline, so we can resolve any issues in a timely matter. We will not be able to accept any applications after the deadline has passed.