1. The Futurity will be 2D with full second split.
2. The futurity will start at 9:00 am Saturday and Sunday. 1st go: Pre-entries followed by late entries. 2nd go: Entire draw is reversed – late entries will run first in reverse order
3. All runners will enter the arena thru the alley way and exit out the alley way. No exceptions. Any runner entering from anywhere other than the alley way will be disqualified. One circle is allowed. If you are in the warm-up arena, please be cautious and courteous of horses running in and out of the alley way. The next 15 runners will be the only horses allowed in the warm-up arena.
4. Futurity nomination & fee schedule: $100 nomination due postmarked February 10, 2020. Payment of $100 due postmarked by March 10, 2020. Payment of $75 due postmarked by April 10, 2020. Total entry fee $275. No exceptions on postmark dates and late fees.
5. The Futurity is open to all riders. A rider may ride more than one horse. Owners do not have to ride horses.
6. Dress Code: long sleeve shirt, long pants, boots and western hat or helmet is required in Futurity and all other races.
7. Futurity is open to foals of 2015 & 2016 (4 & 5 year olds); copy of both sides of registration papers must accompany nomination payment. Unregistered horses must show proof of age with a vet’s affidavit and must accompany nomination payment.
8. To be eligible for the Futurity horse must never have competed in a barrel race prior to November 15, 2019.
9. To be eligible for the Amateur 2D side-pot rider cannot have won more than $2,000 lifetime in barrel racing futurities prior to November 15, 2019, and never before held a WPRA Card.
10. Horse or Rider futurity substitution will be allowed for death, illness or unsoundness with a $50 change fee and Vet / Dr. release. Cannot substitute both horse and rider. Notify Kristi Brangle 801-440-0827. Email release to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for substitution is Friday, April 24, 2020. $50 change fee must be paid by Friday, April 24th.
11. Futurity buy-outs will be allowed with payment of the $25 late fee and will be handled by The UBRA. Buy-out deadline is Friday, April 17th. Absolutely no refunds of futurity nomination or futurity entry fees – no exceptions.
12. 70% of entry fee & 100% of added money will be jackpotted. All nomination fees and payments will be included in payout. Two go’s and an average will be paid in the Futurity: 60% to 1D, 40% to 2D. (1st go 30%, 2nd go 30%, Average 40%).
13. Average prizes and money will be awarded in the futurity. A true average system using the combined horse & rider’s times from each day will determine the futurity average champion and 2D futurity average champion. Must be present or have a designated person pick up your award. Champion Saddle will be awarded to the futurity 1D Average Champion.
14. Futurity horses will be numbered and markings checked against original registration papers at mandatory check-in on Friday, April 24, 2020 from Noon to 4:00 pm in the warm-up arena, please bring original registration papers to Check-In.
15. Late nominations may be made by paying a $25 late fee plus $10 for each missed payment or payment not postmarked by the due date. The last day to enter the Futurity is Friday April 24, 2020 by 2 p.m. Any fees paid after April 17, 2020, including late fees, must be cash or certified funds. Late fees and substitution fees will be retained by the UBRA.
16. Horses running in Futurity may carry over time to Open 5D, and any eligible side-pots.
17. Stall Reservations are handled by Wasatch County and done online. To reserve stalls see www.utbra.com Futurity page and follow the link to Wasatch County’s stall reservation system. No tying at trailers over-night and no outside shavings are allowed. Dogs are not allowed inside the barn, but can be tied to trailers.
18. Ground will be raked every 5 runners with a tractor and big drags will be determined. Horses will not be worked on markers, barrels are not allowed in the arena during open ride or any other time April 24, 25 and 26, 2020 except during time only.
19. The futurity is WPRA co-sanctioned. Horse (if eligible) must be nominated with WPRA for WPRA points. Please see the WPRA’s website futurity page for rules www.wpra.com
Contact Kristi Brangle 801-440-0827 with questions