1776 N Scottsdale Rd #1390, Scottsdale, AZ 85252 |P: 602.357.3275 F: 480.946.1051 | www.TaxGoddess.com
Equipment & Room Set-up Specifications:
1. Tax Goddess requires that you have a projector, and computer/laptop with USB capabilities to present our event. (We will NOT provide any equipment). It would be best if there is also internet capabilities.
2. Handouts: a PDF file containing printer-ready handout pages will be emailed to the Client 2 weeks prior to the event date. You are responsible for printing and distributing handouts to Client's attendees if you so choose.
Please note: If, upon finishing the event, the headcount is more than what was chosen in this agreement, Tax Goddess Business Services, PC will ACH the difference in the fees within 10 days. No Refunds will be provided if the headcount is less than what you have chosen.
Breakout Sessions & Discounts for your attendees:
If you would like, we can offer additional services to your participants:
Joint Venture Opportunities:
We also offer a Joint Venture opportunity for the hosts of event(s).
For any member of your audience that proceeds with working with our company we provide a payment to you.
Contract Terms & Conditions:
We do hereby enter into a contract under the following terms and conditions:
2. Details & manner of the speaking engagement is under full control of the Speaker. However, Client has the right to direct Speaker to discontinue any activity constituting a violation of Client’s policy, as well as any federal, state, or local laws.
3. Additional presentations requested of Tax Goddess outside the terms of this contract are subject to additional fees.
4. In consideration of the services described above, the Client agrees to pay Tax Goddess a fee in the amount as described by the previously choosen category under the Fee Structure section above plus a travel fee of $750 (business class airfare, ground transportation, and meals included in fee). Note, we will automatically add an additional $500 “Rush Fee” if you are booking with us within 3 weeks of the presentation Date of Event listed.
a. A nonrefundable fee equal to 50% of the total fee including the travel fee, is due upon the signing of this agreement. The balance amount shall be paid to Tax Goddess Business Services, PC at least 1 week prior to the event.
b. If applicable, any expense reimbursements shall be paid within 14 days of the Client receiving copies of Tax Goddess’s expenses.
c. If the entire balance of the speaking fee is not received by Tax Goddess Business Services, PC at the time of the speaking presentation, Tax Goddess reserves the right not to perform and the Client agrees to reimburse the costs for airfare and lodging for duration of stay.
d. Any fees that are not paid by the due date of your invoice plus 30 days will be automatically sent to our collections agency. By signing this agreement you understand and agree to pay court costs, attorney fees, and a 50% collections agency fee on any outstanding balances more than 30 days past due. You also agree to pay 2% interest per month on any outstanding balances more than 30 days past due.
6. We will ACH your account for the fees listed above, on the appropriate dates on signing of this agreement. Please provide us with the following information
7. Audio or videotaping of Tax Goddess prior to, during and after the speaking engagement is not permitted in any means whatsoever by the Client or any audience member, unless with the expressed written consent of the speaker.
8. If Tax Goddess’s speaking engagement is taking place at a college, university or high school, the Client agrees not to schedule speaking engagement(s) in a cafeteria, marketplace, or student union lobby during lunch or dinner hours. If the Client schedules speaking engagement(s) during lunch or dinner hours, the event must be held in a room separate from the cafeteria, marketplace, or student union lobby.
9. If Tax Goddess’s speaking engagement is canceled due to an Act of God or dangerous situation, all parties agree to reschedule the event with the same terms as stated in the initial agreement. If the Client cancels the scheduled speaking engagement within 14 days of scheduled event, the Client is responsible for reimbursing Tax Goddess Business Services, PC for any airfare expenses incurred. In the event of an emergency situation (i.e., personal/family-related illness, accident, death, other) that causes Tax Goddess to cancel, the Client may find a replacement speaker for the speaking engagement, or the engagement will be rescheduled. If the engagement is canceled, the Client will not be responsible for expense reimbursements and will be reimbursed for the deposit fee.
10. It is understood that during a presentation specific technical questions may come up which may or may not be answered during the event (depending on the situation). Tax Goddess always welcomes Q&A sessions, but any technical advice given cannot be relied on as professional tax advice or otherwise used in a court of law. It is the Clients’ responsibility to ensure that the attendees are aware of this fact in writing. Any tax advice contained in the body of the material was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by the recipient for the purpose of i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax provisions, or ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. The Client takes full responsibility and waives any rights to pursue Tax Goddess for any future issues brought about due to the presentation made.
11. It is understood that Tax Goddess may request contact information for the attendees depending on the event and appropriateness of the request.
12. Sale of any souvenir items, books, programs, or work services by Tax Goddess shall be permitted at the event and afterward via email marketing/communications.
13. This speaker contract and any proceedings conducted hereunder shall be governed and enforced under the laws of the State of Arizona. All disputes shall be submitted in writing to Tax Goddess Business Services, PC, 1776 N Scottsdale Rd #1390, Scottsdale, AZ 85252. Mediation is required under this engagement. All related costs will be paid for by the Client.
14. You agree that any claim arising out of this engagement letter shall be commenced immediately after delivery of the work product to you, regardless of any longer period of time for commencing such claim as may be set by law. A claim is understood to be a demand for money or services, the service of a suit, or the institution of arbitration proceedings against Tax Goddess Business Services, PC.
We agree to the above terms and conditions, and payment via ACH withdrawal. In witness to their understanding and agreement to these terms and conditions and payment method, the parties hereby affix their signatures below.
Signing for TAX GODDESS BUSINESS SERVICES, P.C., an Arizona professional corporation, is Shauna Wekherlien, Owner. (Digital approval for signature is applied once the party hereby signs this document).