Requirements for Submitting Application
Thank you for your interest in applying to the North Carolina A&T State University School of Nursing Upper Division Program. The application and required documents must be submitted no later than Friday, February 14, 2020. Late or incomplete applications will affect your admission decision.
The following admission requirements must be met in order to be considered for acceptance into Upper Division. Please review the following requirements prior to submitting your application:
1. Completion of the Pre-Nursing Program requirements (lower division courses) with a minimum of 2.8 overall cumulative grade-point average (GPA); course grades must be “C” or higher for consideration into upper division.
2. The following science courses must be completed with a “C” or higher on the first attempt:
BIOL 100, CHEM 104/114, CHEM 105/115, BIOL 221, BIOL 350 and BIOL 351 or approved equivalent.
3. Students must submit OFFICIAL transcripts from all other colleges, universities, and community colleges attended. All transcripts must be submitted with the application packet.
4. A letter of good standing is required for any student previously enrolled in another nursing program (upper division).
5. The pre-requisites listed on the curriculum guide must be completed and/or in process at the time of application.
6. Students must submit proof of CNA I Certification with application.
7. Students must submit TEAS Test Scores with application (TEAS Test Version VI).
8. Coursework for Upper Division Nursing begins in the summer semester.
If you have additional questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Student Services at (336) 334-7750.