DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Rotorua Motorcycle Club and
Motorcycling New Zealand Inc
1. I have read the Supplementary Regulations for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct.
2. I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might a) cause me injury; serious or otherwise b) damage my property.
3. I wish to take part in the Rotorua Motorcycle Club 2020 INTERSCHOOLS MX CHALLENGE despite the above risks.
4. Neither I, or anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of: a) any injury suffered by me; or b) any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
5. I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
6. I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
7. I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
8. I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
9. I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
10. I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost.
11. I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
12. MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I maybe subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test together with the results of that testing.
13. I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for competition.
MNZ Permit No: 18802
Rotorua Motorcycle Track
1455 State Highway 30
Natural terrain with man-made enhancements.
MNZ Steward: TBA
Clerk of the Course: Dennis Phillips
Riders Representatives: To be appointed at Riders Briefing
Race Secretary: Maurice Hayman
Entry enquiries: Maurice Hayman
or 027 473 5762
Friday 7-00am to 8-00am .….Riders briefing 8-10am
.....Practice starts 8-20am
Saturday 7-00am to 8-00am .….Riders briefing 8-10am
.....Practice starts 8-20am
MNZ Steward, Club Representative and Rider Representative
ENTRIES/REFUNDS: Rule 5.5a
All entries must be accompanied by the correct fees. If the rider is unable to attend and notifies the Race Secretary (of the meeting) in writing prior to the event, but not including the event day, entry fees maybe refunded.
LAPSCORING: Electronic lap-scoring will be supplied by Aristocrat Services Ltd using mylaps transponders.
START: Will be clutch start behind backward falling gates.
PRACTICE/QUALIFYING: Each class would have 1 look lap and 3 hot laps. (Gate picks from qualifying. These will be the gates picks used for the whole day)
ACCEPTANCE AND CONFIRMATION: Entries will not be processed unless entry form is filled out correctly and payment has been received. Rotorua MCC reserves the right to shift any entrant from the novice class to the competitive class and vice versa as it sees fit. Confirmed entry list will be on the Rotorua Motorcycle Club website & be available prior to the close off date.
FORCE MAJEURE: For reasons of Force Majeure, should a meeting or part of a meeting be cancelled any entry fee refunds will be made at the sole discretion of the Organisers. The Organisers reserve the right to alter the meeting format as deemed necessary.
BIKE NUMBERS: All bikes must have front/side number or letters on the day to help officials with timing, points scoring, commentary & or stewarding reasons. Duplicate bike numbers will be asked to change their number.
BODY ARMOR: The rider acknowledges to the wearing of an approved helmet, along with approved boots, gloves, proper mx gear & body armor for the riders protection.
NOISE TESTING: Bike noise must be to a maximum limit of 96Dba, as per MNZ Regulations.
SCHOOL ATTENDANCE: All riders attending this event must be attending a school (Y1 – Y13) as at the day of racing
RIDER AGES: Photo ID may be requested upon signing on at the race day registration if there is any question re eligibility.
*Special Note* re 12 – 14 yrs 125cc / 250F class, riders must be 14 years old to be eligible to compete on a 250F bike - no younger age exceptions will be permitted
Friday: All classes 3 races per class
Main Track Race duration 12 minutes plus a one lap
Saturday: All classes 3 races per class
Mini Track Race duration 10 minutes
Main Track Race duration 10 minutes plus a one lap
NB: The Organizers reserve the right to alter the race duration & or merge classes etc to ensure the meeting remains on schedule
RANDOM TECHNICAL INSPECTIONS:
As per MNZ Rule 10.1
1st to 5th All classes
1st to 3rd School (Secondary, Primary/Intermediate)
School - The top 3 riders points (not including novice class) to get total school points. School with most points wins.
PRIZEGIVING: To be held at the track following racing
CLOSING DATE: Friday 9th October 2020
There will be a minimum of 5 prepaid entries for a class to exist, and a maximum of 38 Friday 30 Saturday(24 Mini Track) riders per class. Once 38 Friday 30 Saturday (24 Mini Track) entries are received for any class any extra entries will be put on a reserve list and will be notified. THERE WILL BE NO ENTRIES ACCEPTED ON THE DAY!
TIMING AND RESULTS: Rotorua Motorcycle Club website www.rmcc.org.nz & also posted on mylaps (as soon as they are available)
CAMPING: There is free camping available at the track
2020 INTERSCHOOLS MX
Makz Gear King of the Secondary Schools Series 2020
Round 1 King of the Schools, North King Country Track, 376 Mangarino Road, Te Kuiti (confirmed)
Round 2 Rotorua Schools, Rotorua Track – 1455 State Highway 30, Horohoro (confirmed)
Round 3 Taranaki Schools, Barrett Motorcycle Park, Barrett Road, New Plymouth (cancelled)
Round 4 Trident Interschools, Awkaponga MX Track, 99 Caverhill Rd Manawahe (No longer part of series)
Round 5 Whangarei Interschools, Ruakaka MX Track, Lakeside Park Road, Ruakaka (cancelled)
Round 6 Tauranga MCC Schools MX Challenge, Tauranga Track, TECT Park, Tauranga (confirmed)
Points Co-ordinator: Maurice Hayman
email@example.com or 027 473 5762
POINTS SCALE: – For all races
In the event of a tie, overall result will be based on count back as per MNZ Rule 6.7a.
1st 50; 2nd 46; 3rd 43; 4th 41; 5th 40; 6th 39; 7th 38; 8th 37; 9th
36; 10th 35;…… 35th 10; 36th 9; 37th 8;38th 7; 39th 6; 40th 5; DNF 3; DNS 0
If there are more than 4 rounds then you get to drop your 2 worst races( best 13 races).
If there are more than 5 rounds then you get to drop your 3 worst races( best 15 races).
Each event’s prize giving will be at the track.
Overall at last round:
Trophies – 1st to 3rd for each class
1st to 3rd for Schools
Medals – 4th to 5th for each class
1st to 5th for novice classes
12 – 16 yrs 85cc / 150Fcc (competition grade Y9-Y13)
12 – 14 yrs 125cc / 250Fcc (competition grade Y9-Y13)
15 – 19 yrs 125cc (competition grade Y9-Y13)
15 – 19 yrs 250Fcc (competition grade Y9-Y13)
12 – 19 yrs Woman 85cc – 250Fcc (open all in Y9-Y13)
12 – 16 yrs 85cc / 150Fcc
12 – 19 yrs 125cc / 250Fcc
If your birthday affects the class you are in for the event during the series, then you can enter both classes at no extra cost as long as both classes are not run together and split start on the day, else you will have to choose which class. In doing both classes you will only get points in one class for the event and the other for the series.