Permission, Indemnification and Release, and Medical Power of Attorney:
1. I agree to participate in this program and hereby personally assume all risks in connection with my participation.
2. I am cognizant of the inherent dangers associated with participation in activities, which may include, but are not limited to: swimming, archery tag, rock wall climbing, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, ropes courses, ground initiatives, paintball, field games, zip lines, campfires, tool use, etc.
3. I release from all liability and indemnify Damascus Catholic Mission Campus, as well as the Bishop/Diocese of Columbus and my local Parish/Bishop/Diocese and their officers, agents, representatives, volunteers, and employees from any and all liability, claims, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of any injury or illness incurred while participating in, or traveling to or from, these activities and further agree not to bring or prosecute or allow to be brought or prosecuted (including, but not limited to, prosecution through subrogation) in my name, or on my behalf, any claims, lawsuits or actions against them.
4. I understand that my participation is voluntary, and is a privilege and not a right, and that I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
5. I agree to cooperate with the event leadership.
6. I appoint the leadership of this event, as my attorney, in fact, to act for me in my name and my behalf, in any way that I would act if I were personally present, with respect to the following matters if any injury, illness or medical emergency occurs during the event or related travel: (i) To administer medications indicated. (ii) To give any and all consents and authorizations to any physicians, dentist, hospital or other persons or institutions pertaining to any emergency medications, treatments, diagnostic or surgical procedures or any other emergency actions as our attorney shall deem necessary or appropriate for my best interest. (iii) I understand that the leadership of this event will make a reasonable attempt to contact my family as soon as possible in the event of a medical emergency.
7. This power of attorney shall lapse automatically upon completion of the event and related travel.
8. This acknowledgement and release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the State of Ohio, and if any portion hereof is declared invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. This acknowledgement and release shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, except for the choice of law provisions thereof.
9. I am of lawful age and legally competent to sign this Permission, Indemnification and Release, and Medical Power of Attorney that shall be effective and binding upon me, and my personal representative or estate, assigns, heirs, and next of kin; that I understand the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital; and that I have signed this document of my own free act and coalition. I have fully informed myself of the contents of this document by reading it, before having signed it.