EDRA LIABILITY RELEASE
For and in consideration of participating in this event endorsed by Equine Distance Riding Association (hereafter called EDRA), I understand and agree that:
• riding horses is a hazardous activity;
• equines are capable of being excitable, difficult to control, and/or unpredictable;
• accidents can happen to anyone at any time–whether it is my equine causing injury to another equine or person or whether it is another participant’s equine causing injury to me or my equine;
• accidents can also happen to anyone who attends a clinic or riding event as a spectator or otherwise; and
• there is often NO ambulance or medical help present nor readily available.
I understand and agree that I assume full responsibility for my safety and my equine’s safety. To the best of my ability, I will be vigilant in preventing injury to other persons or equines.
In exchange for the privilege of participating in EDRA endorsed events, I, my heirs, executors, and administrators will hold harmless and blameless EDRA, and all officers and directors thereof, all members of the ride management and ride personnel, and all property owners/tenants upon whose land the clinic is held from all liability for any injury or loss to myself or my horse which occurs due to my participation, or anyone who accompanies me to EDRA events.
I am fully aware of the clinic/event rules and agree to abide by those rules set down by the event management and EDRA. I fully understand the consequences of not following clinic/event rules.
This release is governed by the laws of the state of Washington and is intended to be interpreted as broadly as possible. I agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any legal action against EDRA, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers or agents shall be in Spokane County Superior Court or federal court of the state of Washington, Eastern District. If any part of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable, all other parts shall remain in effect.
I have read and fully understand the above liability release. (Signature block following)