The KC Social Innovation Center (KCSIC) provides financial support for summer internship programming on a competitive basis to eligible non-profits seeking to build capacity over the summer months through our Opportunity Grant. This grant is awarded to regional nonprofits based on their specific needs.
KCSIC supports selected nonprofits with one or more interns at an $11.25 hourly wage for a total of 160 hours per intern of achieved work over the course of the summer (June-August). Start/End dates, and the number of hours assigned per week are flexible to your organization.
Sponsored interns are employees of KCSIC and leased to partnering non-profits to perform a range of summer duties.
Selected non-profits will receive back-office support services from KCSIC including job posting, basic recruiting and co-management.
We have (30) internship slots available to qualifying non-profits; consequently, this application is competitive, and to be eligible, non-profits must commit the following:
(1) provide age-appropriate job description(s)
(2) assure the overarching quality of the work-based learning opportunity
(3) provide a copy of the organization's 501c3 tax exemption
(4) complete our Worksite Agreement (will be sent to awardees)
(5) attend the annual Hire KC Hiring Fair on Friday, March 27
(6) post your intern opportunities on our Accelerator
(6) attend one mandatory employer onboarding session; #1- the in-person session on Thursday, April 23 from 11am to 1pm OR #2 - a conference call session on Thursday, April 30 from 11am to 1pm.
Review: All applications will be collected and reviewed by an independent review committee and scored on the quality of the work-experiences that high school and college students may have at your organization, and your organization's ability to steward workforce opportunity with a commitment to excellence around immersive experiences.
Deadline: The deadline is Friday, February 28 and awardees will be announced via email on or around Friday, March 6.
Note: Non-profits awarded the Opportunity Grant must be able to work with KCSIC staff to have discerned, interviewed, offered the role, and receive confirmation of accepted offer from matching candidates in timely fashion. Recipient organizations with unfilled positions by April 30, 2020 will relinquish funds so another non-profit may benefit.