Dear Solidarity Cabinet Chair Applicant:
We are really excited about your interest in leading the 2021-2022 Solidarity Cabinet. The purpose of Solidarity Cabinet is to encourage students to live out the Gospel message of reconciliation to God and to one another with particular focus on how this reconciliation works itself out in issues of racial unity and ethnic diversity.
Leading a group that promotes discussion of this nature requires a great amount of energy and vision. Next year’s board will consist of 5-7 positions (apart from the Chair): Administrator (1), Public Relations Coordinators (2), Event Coordinators (3) and a Chaplain (1). Please consider filling this role only after praying about it and discussing it with one of us or other current cabinet members.
Additionally, please take into account the following expectations before you apply:
- You are committed to the purpose of Solidarity Cabinet as described above. You will preserve and advance the vision of racial reconciliation in faithful and innovative ways.
- You are committed and dedicated to leadership of Solidarity Cabinet for the full academic year. This means that you are willing to forgo other commitments so that you may be able to commit more fully to Solidarity Cabinet.
- As a student leader in the SAO, you must have and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- You are ready to be challenged and confronted with yourself, as you and your group strive to shape each other into the likeness of Christ. Flexibility in leadership is paramount.
- You are able to return to campus in early August (11-16) for Student Leadership Training
- You will plan and preside over all weekly meetings and the majority of—if not all—Solidarity Cabinet events.
- You will read all Solidarity Cabinet readings (may include Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria by Beverly Tatum and White Awake by Daniel Hill).
All information received both in your application and from references will be kept private. The complete application is due by Friday, April 2nd. The application consists of the application form and two references (one from a faculty or staff member and one from a peer). Please send each of your references this form. It is your responsibility to make sure your reference has completed the form before your interview. Interviews will be conducted following the application due date. You will be able to sign up for an interview when you return your complete application.
If you have any questions regarding this application process, please feel free to contact us; we would love to talk with you.