The Colonel Brown Scholarship is funded by a bequest from Colonel William (Bill) Brown, a 1938 Mound High School graduate. His desire was to help fund a post-secondary education for a student who would otherwise struggle to do so.
The Scholarship is for $5,000 renewable for three additional years (for a total scholarship of $20,000).
The recipient of this scholarship will be required to provide a transcript to the committee after each grading period and must maintain at least a 2.75 GPA on a 4 point system and demonstrate adequate progress toward completion of the program.
Application for this scholarship includes:
1. Completion of this application (MWHS Guidance Counselors can help access the form and it can also be found online at www.westonka277foundation.org).
2. Applications strongly preferred through jotform. If not completed here, please type and if you need to hand-write an application, please print in ink.
3. Sharing a high school transcript with the Committee.
4. Providing 2 letters of recommendation, utilizing the separate jotform recommendation form, one from a school person and one from a community member (e.g., employer, pastor, scout leader).
5. All applications, not finished through jotform, must be postmarked no later than March 2, 2020, and should be mailed to: Westonka District 277 Foundation Colonel Brown Scholarship Committee PO Box 370 Mound, MN 55364
6. All applicatiaons through Jotform must be submitted by 5:00 pm CST, on March 2, 2020.
Late applications are not eligible for consideration.