1. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
2. Applicant must reside or attend a high school within the city of La Cañada Flintridge.
3. There are two scholarships. You can apply for one or both.
recipients are selected based on academic achievement, community service, and potential for success.
recipients are selected based on academic achievement, triumph over an obstacle, hardship or extenuating circumstance, and potential for success.
4. Complete all sections of the application.
5. Request an official copy of your transcript be sent to the Scholarship Committee at the La Cañada Thursday Club.
6. Upload a recent photo with your application.
7. Include a brief essay. The essay should include such information as your goals and ambitions, why you are applying for this scholarship, and any other information you think the committee should know.
8. Submit two confidential letters of recommendation. One letter must be from an academic resource such as a teacher. The second letter must be from an adult personal resource, preferably someone involved with your community service. The letters must be sent directly to the address listed below.
9. In order to be considered, all materials (application, essay, picture, two letters of recommendation, and official transcript) must be received by 5:00 p.m. on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2020. No late materials will be accepted.
10. The letters of recommendation and the transcript must be mailed to:
La Cañada Thursday Club
4440 Woodleigh Lane
La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011
Attention: Scholarship Committee
11. Applicants will be notified by email if they are selected for an interview with the Scholarship Committee. Interviews will be scheduled during after-school hours between March 9 and March 17, 2020.
12. Questions should be directed to LCTCScholarship@gmail.com. Please note that all communications will be through email.