CONSENT AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
REGARDING PHOTOS / VIDEOS / AUDIO RECORDINGS
In consideration of my or my child(ren)’s participation in the programs and activities provided by Girl Talk, Inc. ("Girl Talk"), I or as the parent or legal guardian of the (“Participant”), hereby agree as follows:
1. Copyrights and Usage. I hereby grant to Girl Talk the right and permission, in respect of any photographs, videos and/or audio recordings which any of its members, officers, directors, employees, contractors, volunteers, representatives, successors and assigns may take or have taken of me and/or Participant, or in which I and/or Participant may be included with others, to copyright the same in the name of Girl Talk or otherwise; to use, reuse, publish and re-publish the same, in whole or in part, in conjunction with any printed matter in any and all media now or hereafter known, including web pages, electronic mails and the like, for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, fundraising or any other purpose; and to use my and/or Participant’s own or a fictitious name, likeness and any statement made by me and/or Participant in connection therewith if Girl Talk so chooses, without payment or any other consideration.
2. Ownership, Modification and Publication. I understand and agree that any such photographs, videos and audio recordings, including without limitation all negatives, prints and digital reproductions thereof, shall be and will become the property of Girl Talk. I hereby irrevocably authorize Girl Talk to edit, alter, digitally compose, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute any such photographs, videos and audio recordings for purposes of publicizing Girl Talk’s programs and activities or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter, whether written or electronic, of any such material in which my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use or publication of any such photographs, videos and audio recordings.
3. Release and Hold Harmless. I release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless and defend Girl Talk and any and all of its members, officers, directors, employees, contractors, volunteers, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability by virtue of any reason in connection with the making and use of any such photographs, video and audio recordings, including blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the making of said photographs, video and audio recordings or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication of them, including without limitation any claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy.
4. Severability. In the event that any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement shall be unaffected and shall remain valid and enforceable to the full extent permissible under law.
5. Governing Law. This Agreement and any disputes arising under or in connection with it shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia. I hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of Georgia for the settlement of any and all such disputes.
I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Participant, or that I otherwise have the legal authority to represent Participant and act on my/her/his/they behalf. I have read and understood this Agreement. I hereby consent to and ratify this Agreement and agree, on behalf of myself, Participant and each of our respective legal representatives, heirs and assigns, to be bound by its terms.