Thank you for your interest in fostering a rescue pet(s) through the Lancaster County Animal Shelter. By choosing to foster a pet, you are helping save lives. To be considered for foster, we have several requirements and request that you complete this application so that we may pair you with the best possible foster pet.
• Fosters must be 21 years of age or older. Non-smoking homes only.
• If you rent your home, you must provide written consent from your landlord to have a dog or cat on the premises.
• All dogs and cats in the home 6 months of age or older must be spayed or neutered.
• All pets in the home must be up to date on all vaccinations, heartworm prevention & flea/tick prevention.
• A home visit may be required.
NOTE: If you're interested in adopting, please complete an Adoption Application instead.
Qualified foster care provider commitments include:
Feeding & boarding
Behavioral training, exercise, and socialization
Transporting to/from veterinarian appointments
Providing pets with lots of TLC
Meeting transport van on transport day may be necessary