1. All applicants must be enrolled members of the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes of Oklahoma and provide a copy of the CDIB or CDIB ll (1/8). (Certified Degree of Indian Blood)
2. Assistance will be given to tribal students/participants who are enrolled in Pre-K to 12th Grade.
3. Allowance for tribal youth will be one time per student, per year basis for participation in SPORTS EVENT of up to Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) for National Assistance and Seven Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($750.00) for International Assistance to be used to cover the
expenses for the trip such as room, airfares, entry fees, uniforms, meals and/or equipment that is necessary to compete in the event.
4. Checks will be made out directly to the organization who is conducting the sports event or the team account, not the participant or parent/guardian of the participant.
5. Applicants must include:
• Official Letterhead stating that the participant has been selected and has qualified to participate in the event
• Flyer or Brochure about the event (Include invoices with Vendor Names & Addresses)
• Itemized budget stating what fees are associated with event (Lodging, Airfare, Meals, Fuel Costs, Entry Fee’s, etc.)
• Letter of recommendation from the student’s school or coach
6. Completed applications will need to be turned in to the RESpECT Program office two weeks prior to the deadline of their selected sports activity. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applicants are responsible for submitting all required documents and following up to confirm approval.
7. Participants must complete the entirety of the event, failure to do so disqualifies any assistance for an entire year.
8. Participants/applicants will be responsible for the remainder of the fees, meals, transportation…etc, associated with the sports activity.
9. Participants are responsible for registering and submitting any required documents to the organization itself. The RESpECT Program will only process payment, if approved.
10. Participant and parent/guardian must sign and abide by the RESpECT program “Sportsmanship Creed and Parent Creed”, and must conduct themselves accordingly throughout the sports activity.
11. Participating in any sport can be a dangerous activity, including many risks of injury, and hereby release the R.E.Sp.E.C.T. Program and its employees, and the Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribes, of any responsibilities for accidents of injuries that may occur while participating in the sports activity.