The Hoffman Estates (IL) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated will award scholarships to qualified African-American high school seniors in the Northwest Suburban areas of Chicago. Scholarships are available for students who will attend a two-year community college or a four-year college or university as a full-time student in the fall of 2020. All scholarships will be awarded by June 2020. Students may apply in one or more qualifying categories: Historically Black College or University (HBCU), The Arts, Community College, or Academic Achievement.
- Two-year community College: $500 non-renewable
- Four-Year College or University: $1,000 non-renewable
To be considered for this scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
1. High school senior graduating by June 2020
2. Minimum cumulative grade point average of “C”
3. Minimum ACT composite score of 21 (or SAT equivalent)
4. Student must attend a public, private, or parochial school within the northwest Chicago suburban area.
Winners will be notified on or before April 17, 2020.
Winners will have the opportunity to be recognized on two occasions.
-United Black Scholarship Banquet on May 2, 2020
-Hoffman Estates Links Scholarship Luncheon on June 6, 2020
*Read and follow all instructions carefully before submitting your application.*