DX2 TRAINING SOLUTIONS
Guidelines for Affiliate Faculty at DX2 Training Solutions
Affiliate faculty positions provide a means for suitably qualified and approved instructors to deliver PHECC approved courses via a quality assured Recognised Institution. DX2 Training Solutions (the RI) shall welcome applications from suitably qualified persons to deliver named PHECC approved courses.
Affiliate faculty may deliver named PHECC courses to a standard deemed acceptable by the RI and apply for certification in line with this policy.
Designations of appointment
Affiliate faculty appointments are made upon successful completion of the application process and verification of quality assurance mechanisms. The RI shall decide to
1. Approve the affiliate faculty application
2. Defer the affiliate faculty application or
3. Decline the affiliate faculty application.
This decision rests exclusively with the QA team and is final.
Eligibility and Qualifications
Normally a prospective Affiliate faculty appointee holds a PHECC recognized instructor certificate for the programme he/she wishes to deliver.
Part-time faculty members are not eligible to be appointed as affiliate faculty without losing their Part Time status.
In general, all of the following criteria will be used to judge suitability for an Affiliate appointment:
1. Evidence of current instructor certificate
2. Signed deceleration of conformity to affiliate faculty guidelines
3. Submitted and verified PI & PL Insurances .
4. Verification of equipment required to deliver named PHECC courses to the satisfaction of the RI
5. Training delivery monitoring session by DX2 faculty
6. Attendance at DX2 QA for affiliate faculty Induction workshop.
Particular programs or Faculties may establish additional criteria.
Duration and Dates of Appointment
The Affiliate faculty appointment is made for a term of one year with an end of term evaluation and resubmission requirement each year.
Affiliate faculty are subject to the following rates
1. Affiliate Faculty annual fee €250
2. CFR community certificate €15
3. CFR advanced certificate €15
4. FAR certificate €20
5. EFR certificate €25
6. Postage charge (if applicable)
Responsibilities of an Affiliate faculty member may include:
Participation in the ongoing up skilling and in-house workshops as required;
Providing equipment and resources as required by DX2 for each named course delivered
Completing all DX2 required paperwork within 5 days of course completion
Dissemination of certificates to students in a timely manner
Full conformity to DX2 QA processes
Delivery of training monitored by DX2 faculty at least once annually
Teaching by Affiliate Faculty Upon successful application external faculty may deliver named PHECC courses approved in the application process under the quality assurance arrangements of DX2. Affiliate faculty may not delivery courses unless approved in the application process, at no time shall an affiliate faculty member sub-contract or otherwise delivery of named PHECC courses.
Courses that are applied for
When Affiliate faculty apply and are awarded through a DX2 QA they are deemed affiliate faculty members. All aspects of their teaching shall be governed by the terms of the Collective Agreement (CA) between the RI and the affiliate faculty member
Privileges of Affiliate Faculty Status
The general privileges associated with holding an Affiliate faculty appointment may include:
Eligibility to deliver PHECC approved programmes to students via the DX2 QA agreement
Access to the RI Library resources and faculty members;
Access to DX2 suppliers for equipment and resources;
Access to certification for named PHECC courses
Access to instructor recertification programme*
Procedure for application and Appointment
1. Prior to nomination, the candidate shall normally consult the Director of Training & Quality Assurance at DX2 in order to ensure that all expectations and responsibilities are adequately understood.
2. Full completion of DX2 affiliate faculty application form
All nominations should be supported by a reasoned report outlining the rationale for application within a letter of intent and a recent CV from the candidate.
3. The following documents should be submitted with the application
Copy of instructor certificate(s) for Named PHECC Courses
Evidence of public liability and professional indemnity insurance
Suitable reference – from PHECC practitioner/instructor or RI
4. The selection committee shall make a recommendation on each application. Recommendations shall include any stipulations or explicit expectations that the committee wishes to be included with the letter of appointment.
5. The Director of Training shall forward a recommendation to the Managing Director along with the recommendation.
6. If approved, the appointment will be made by the Managing Director.
The appointment letter shall include any stipulations or explicit expectations that the committee included in its recommendation.
Procedure for Reappointment
Reappointments shall be based on the significant activities of the incumbent and the significant benefits to the programmes and RI during the period of the previous appointment. Normally.
1. To initiate consideration for reappointment, the incumbent shall send a report of her or his activities during the Affiliate appointment, along with an updated CV, to the Director of Training, ideally at least one month prior to the expiry date of the appointment.
More specific requirements for applying for reappointment may be set by the director of trianing.
2. The nomination for reappointment shall proceed as outlined the steps 2 through 6 in the nomination and appointment procedure outlined above.
Affiliate appointments end on the date specified in the appointment letter provided by the managing director; alternatively, appointments may be terminated upon notice by the RI or by the Affiliate faculty. Normally, a month’s notice is required. However, in exceptional circumstances, the RI may at its discretion terminate the appointment with shorter notice. Any breach of the affiliate faculty guidelines will result in immediate termination of the agreement.
Named PHECC Courses
The following named phecc courses may apply to affiliate faculty;
1. Cardiac first response community
2. Cardiac first response advanced
3. First aid response
4. Emergency first response
Affiliate faculty are not authrosied to advertise themselves or their organisation as a PHECC recognised institution. Affiliate faculty must abide by PHECC policy on logo usage. Affiliate faculty are not authorised to advertise themselves as a “partner” or otherwise of DX2 Training Solutions.
Training Administration, Delivery & Certification Procedure
Upon successful application the following procedure shall apply for affiliate faculty course administration and delivery.
1. Affiliate faculty must register their course via the DX2 Platform at least 7 days in advance.
a. Fully Complete the affiliate faculty course setup form with
i. Name of course to be delivered
ii. Date, time, location
iii. Number of attendees
iv. Confirmation all equipment/resources is available
v. Outline profile of attendees
2. Affiliate faculty will receive confirmation of course booking, only upon receipt of confirmation can a course be delivered.
3. Payment of proforma invoice
4. Affiliate faculty must ensure all course attendees sign in electronically using the DX2 admin platform (N.B tablet required)
5. Course delivery must confirm to applicable student ratios and time lines
6. All students must receive resource materials specified for each named course
7. Student assessments must be completed by the faculty member digitally on the DX2 platform
8. All non digital examination material must be returned to DX2 administration staff upon course completion.
9. Affiliate faculty must complete digital “course directors report” for each course delivered.
10. Digital feedback forms shall be sent to each student automatically following course completion.
11. Upon receipt of all documentation an internal verification process shall be conducted and students awarded certification or otherwise.
Certification shall be arranged for collection or postage to affiliate faculty for dissemination to students.