REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Midnight OCTOBER 7TH, 2020
Participants should be amateur cooks. Restaurants may enter under an individual’s name.
1. Participants get a 10′x10′ booth space and are responsible for providing their own cooking stove and fuel, (no LP tanks larger than 10 pounds allowed), utensils, tables and chairs, appliances and optional canopy. Individual ingredients may be prepped ahead but must be brought in separate containers; assembling sauce or chili in advance is NOT allowed. Access to electricity is available upon request, although extension cords are not provided. All booths must be in compliance with San Bernardino County Environmental Health Department regulations.
2. Participant check-in begins at 7:00 a.m.; booth set up should be completed by 8:30 a.m. A list of ingredients (not the recipe) needs to be turned in to the Chamber booth no later than 9:00 a.m. the day of the event. Entries will then be categorized and assigned contestant numbers.
3. Entry fee is $13 and contestants must prepare at least five (5) gallons of Chili for tasting purposes, but more is always welcome.
4. Chili will be judged on Aroma, Appearance, Consistency, Taste and Aftertaste on a 1 – 5 point rating scale. Containers will be provided for judging. Chili must be ready at Noon for judging and tasting.
5. You must be present for the Award Ceremony at 2:00 p.m. The event continues until 3:00 p.m. Even if you have run out of product, booths can’t be taken down and vehicles cannot enter the area until the event closes. Mingle, enjoy a beverage or just relax until the closing time.
6. Cash prizes will be awarded for each category and for the People’s Choice selection.