APPLICATION DEADLINE - OCTOBER 10TH
Participants should be amateur cooks. Restaurants may enter under an individual’s name.
1. Participants will be assigned a table space by category. Decorations are not required. Space size is generally two feet.
2. Access to electricity, prep space and gas burners are provided in the Community Center Building kitchen area if needed.
3. Contestants need to deliver their Salsa (w/ingredient list, not recipe), entry form and fee to the
Community Building between 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. on the day of event. Spaces will be assigned at that
time. Contestants must prepare at least 1.5 quarts of Salsa for tasting purposes. Cost for each entry is $6 – no limit on entries.
4. Salsa will be categorized and judged on: Aroma, Appearance, Taste and Aftertaste on a 1 – 5 point rating scale by the judges.
5. You must be present for the Award Ceremony at approximately 2:00 p.m.
6. Cash prizes awarded for each category and for People’s Choice selections.
7. Participants are not to stand near their entries during the event. Volunteers will refill containers.
Blind judging will begin at 10:30 a.m. Public Tasting begins at 11:00 a.m.