CRITERIA FOR 2020 SUMMER STAFF **PLEASE READ**
- Willing to be a servant of God and actively growing in Christ.
- To be above reproach, showing Christ in lifestyle, and able to show Christian attitudes under stress (Phil. 2:14 - without complaining and arguing)
- Steady involvement at Chapel Place Presbyterian Church or other Church.
- Agreement with the philosophy and goals of Chapel Place Sports Camp:
To challenge children physically with an active program, equipping them with thorough instruction and skill development in various sports.
To disciple children with Biblical values and truth.
To provide a loving and inclusive environment for social interaction between staff and campers.
To share the gospel with all people.
- Active development of leadership skills.
- Keen interest in working with, and discipling children.
- Commitment to development of emotional maturity.
- Certified in first aid before the first day of camp.
- Meet all responsibilities as presented by specific job description outlines.
- Refrain from working any other jobs for the duration of camp.
- Able to Commit to the entire summer camp ministry which includes:
Three events of outreach/flyer blitzes in the community during the year.
Mandatory $200 raised BEFORE PRE-CAMP. No one is gauranteed a position until this is received.
Mandatory Fundraisers throughout the year and summer (from mid-May onward, weekends must be committed to the camp).
1-2 Mandatory Pre-camp week(s) (June 22 – July 3rd).
We ask all leaders to aid in some way during the Church-Conference Jul2-5. **Consider this apart of precamp preparation and a chance to get to know many of the campers before (details of the weekend will be posted soon)**
DUE TO THE CHURCH CONFERENCE, THERE MAY BE PRE-CAMP SESSIONS ON SATURDAY'S. THIS MAY INCLUDE SATURDAY'S BEFORE THE DESIGNATED PRE-CAMP START DATE (JUNE 22ND), AND WILL MOST LIKELY BE SATURDAYS DURING THE PRE-CAMP. WE ASK THAT ALL APPLICANTS BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL SESSIONS. THE PRE-CAMP SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED ASAP TO GIVE EVERYONE ENOUGH TIME TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS.
4-week sports camp (July 6th to 31st).
Two mandatory staff outings after camp hours minimum.
Senior Staff will be required to aid in the pre-planning and closing of camp.
Please no not book any vacations before, during, or immediately after the camp. Please plan on reamaining until all duties are completed.