This agreement is made and takes effect on date indicated below between Example Inc, a Private corporation, hereafter called "Company" and (employee), hereafter called "Employee".
1. The Company hereby employs Employee for a term commencing on the date of this agreement and Employee hereby accepts such employment.
2. During the Employee's employment he/she will:
A. Devote such time and effort as may be reasonably required by the Company to perform his/her duties.
B. Not engage in any other employment or business activity without the Company's written consent.
C. Perform such duties as may reasonably be requires of him/her by the Company.
3. For services rendered by the Employee, the Company shall pay him/her as follows:
A. The annual sum of $X, calculated as follows (insert compensation formula)
B (Optional) A bonus of ($X, Y% of sales, etc.) payable (monthly, quarterly, annually) based upon (performance goals)
C. (Optional) Non-payroll benefits to include health insurance, travel and business entertainment expenses, and other items specified in Attachment A.
4. Employee agrees that during his/her term of employment by the Company and for a period of one year after termination of such employment, he/she will not act as an employee, agent, broker, shareholder, or otherwise engage in any business selling products similar to those customarily sold by the Company within the States of (specify).
5. Employee understands that he/she will acquire confidential information of business value to the Company during the course of his/her employment. Employee hereby agrees not to divulge such confidential information to any other party, or to use such information for his/her own profit except in performance of employment activities beneficial to the Company.
6. This agreement is an employment-at-will agreement. The Company may, at any time, with or without cause, discharge the Employee by giving him/her written notice of such discharge.
7. Employee's employment shall terminate upon his/her death; inability or failure to perform the duties required by his/her employment; or his/her written notice of resignation given to the Company.
8. Following termination of employment, all obligations under this agreement shall end except for the provisions of items 4 and 5, and any causes of action which may arise from the circumstances of the termination.
9. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Company and Employee.
10. This agreement shall be interpreted and, if necessary, adjudicated in accordance with the laws of (State, County).
11. Until written notice of other address(es) are exchanged between the parties, all notices legally required shall be deemed delivered by the sending of registered mail to the following addresses: