Transportation Audit: Wheelchair & Rider Securement
Employee being observed:
Career, Activity, & Community
CCHS @ UCO and Rev36
Open Door Art Studio & Gallery
Date of audit:
Wheelchair lift evaluation:
Is the wheelchair seatbelt fastened on individual?
Is the individual loaded facing outward on lift (unless special need)?
Are the wheelchair brakes on while on the lift?
Is the power OFF while wheelchair is on the lift?
Does the DSP watch the rider and lift throughout the lifting process?
Wheelchair securement evaluation:
Is the wheelchair facing forward in the vehicle?
Is the wheelchair centered for the anchorages on the floor?
Are the wheelchair brakes set on both sides?
Is the wheelchair power turned off?
Is the wheelchair anchored at 4 points?
Are the hooks at the end of the straps secured in the appropriate position?
Are the straps attached to the wheelchair correctly?
- As close to 45 degree angle as possible
- Not attached to the wheels or foot rests
- Do not bend around any object
- No forward or reverse movement or wheelchair
Are unoccupied wheelchairs, walkers, etc. also tied down?
Rider securement evaluation:
Is the full 3-point system used correctly to secure the rider?
Is the lap belt positioned correctly?
- Over the pelvic bones, not the abdomen
- Inside the armrests, between the side panels and the seat cushion
Is the lap belt adjusted to be snug?
Is the shoulder belt positioned correctly?
- Between the rider's shoulder and neck
- Does not cross the rider's face, neck, or slide down arm
- Not under the rider's arm where it would cross the rib cage
Is the shoulder belt adjusted to achieve firm, but comfortable tension?
Is retraining recommended?
Type of retraining needed or additional comments:
Should be Empty: