Instructions for Typing the 2021 State Candidate’s Social Impact Initiative
Your Social Impact Initiative is the initiative on which you will work alongside the Miss Missouri Organization, during your Year of Service. This submission allows you to explain to the state judges your subject matter choice, how you choose to advocate for it during your year, and the metrics you will use to measure success at the close of your Year of Service. In addition, it should explain how your advocacy will further the mission of the Miss Missouri Organization.
It is important these instructions are followed carefully, incorrect formats will not be sent back for correction and will be given to the judges as they are submitted.
1. Open Word in your computer.
2. Start a “new” document.
3. Set margins for 1" on all four sides. The font style may not be any smaller than “10” and no larger than “12” point type using the Times New Roman font style.
4. With the justification set for left, type “Name:” in bold. Following the colon (:), hit the space bar twice. Then, type your name.
5. Then, move to the next line and type “Local Title:” in bold. Following the colon (:), hit the space bar twice. Then, type your local title.
5. Double space down. Set your justification to “center”. Then type in bold and underline the title of your social impact statement.
6. Double space down. Write what you feel is critical for the judge’s to know about your social impact statement and why it is necessary for you to have the job of Miss Missouri to promote this issue. What you write will be what the judges know about your statement, your role in successfully dealing with this issue, and the role the Miss Missouri Organization may play in your plans to advance your social impact initiatives.
This essay may include some of the following items (this is not to be meant as an exhaustive list):
A clear definition of your social impact statement and the specific issues you wish to address
A plan on what you have done to date to advance this work
A plan on how you have or will create awareness of the issue
The way in which you have or will change attitudes regarding the issue
The way in which you have or will change behaviors related to this issue
The way in which your advocacy issue will move the Miss America
Organization mission forward
Your media plans
Your marketing strategy
How you propose to fund your ideas/plans
Any significant accomplishments you have made in regard to your issue
7. At the bottom of this one (1) page document, set the justification to the right. Type a line of 26 spaces. Below that line, type Signature/Date and after printing sign and date this document - it must be signed by you & dated.
8. Convert the signed & dated document to pdf and attach.