1. Food Vendors must notify Dragon Festival which Food Vendor Space which food vendor space they would like to have. See attachment for a Food Vendor space map and mark the desired space with an “X.” Final space allocation is at the discretion of Dragon Festival, Event Manager, and contingent upon the order Dragon Festival receives “complete” applications. If the fee paid to Dragon Festival is greater than the vendor space fee according to the allocated vendor space, Dragon Festival will return the difference to that particular food vendor. If the fee paid to Dragon Festival is less than the vendor space fee according to the allocated vendor space, that particular food vendor must provide Dragon Festival with the correct fee amount before their application can be considered “complete.” There are 8 available Food Vendor spaces for $825 each and 4 available Food Truck spaces for $895 each. All business or other activity for which Applicant has rented space must be conducted in your designated area only. No distribution of literature, sales or sampling may be done by strolling through the Dragon Festival grounds unless approved by the City of Saint Paul’s Director of Parks & Recreation and Dragon Festival Event Manager. Proof of approval must be submitted to Dragon Festival prior to July 03, 2020.
2. **Space is LIMITED. Dragon Festival will enforce space rented to all Vendors. Vendor may use only agreed- upon space approved by the Event Manager (EM). All unauthorized use of space will be charged a penalty fee along with the additional space fee prior to opening on Saturday or may be expelled from Dragon Festival and the Vendor will pay any additional fees for removal at time of removal. No changes in space rental size and/or relocation will be allowed after Event start time.
3. All Vendors are required to be ready to do business on Saturday, July 11, 2020 from 830 a.m. to 7 p.m., or as directed by the EM Director. Food Vendors set up is available on Friday, July 10th, 2020. The Food Vendor Coordinator will contact accepted Food Vendors with further information. All other Vendors must set up on Saturday. Vendor check-in opens at 7 a.m. on Saturday. All Vendors must check in prior to 8 a.m. on Saturday, the day of the festival. Space assignments are at the discretion of the EM Director and/or Vendors Committee. Dragon Festival reserves the right to change location of a Vendor’s space in unforeseen circumstances.
4. All Vendors agree that all fees paid to Dragon Festival are non-transferable and no booth space may be sublet, reassigned or otherwise transferred to a third party without written approval from EM Director.
5. All Vendors must submit proof of liability insurance for the Dragon Festival by June 5th, 2020 one month before the festival. DRAGON FESTIVAL should be listed as an ‘Additional Insured.’ No Vendor will be permitted to set up if they have not sent proof of insurance.
6. Dragon Festival will require a $150.00 clean up/security deposit from all food and food truck Vendors for each booth space at the time of application. This payment will be refunded to the Vendor **if DF does not incur any cleanup fee of Vendor space. Failure to check out may result in forfeiture of clean up/security deposit check, or if you leave before 7pm.
7. It is the responsibility of the vendor to deal with any permits and licenses (i.e. Minnesota Health License, Minnesota Sales Tax, etc.). All food Vendors must obtain proper required licenses. Please contact the State to obtain this license by June 5, 2020, one month before the festival.
8. VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED ONLY IN DESIGNATED PARKING LOTS. VENDORS MUST BRING THEIR OWN EQUIPMENT TO LOAD AND UNLOAD THEIR SUPPLIES TO THEIR DESIGNATED SPACE. Dragon Festival cannot take responsibility for any tickets issued by the Park or City of St. Paul Police, Ramsey County, for vehicles breaking rules. Storage vehicles (trucks, cars, etc.) must be parked off Dragon Festival grounds in a legal parking space.
9. Dragon Festival takes place on property controlled by the St. Paul Park and Recreation Board, Ramsey County, and the City of St. Paul. All rules of these agencies are strictly enforced throughout the Dragon Festival. Any Vendor that is found in violation of these rules, regulations, or ordinances may be expelled from the Dragon Festival without refund or compensation. Vendor is also responsible for any expenses incurred by said governmental body or expenses resulted in fines to DF.
10. The Vendor understands that they are solely responsible for calculating and reporting to the Internal Revenue Service and the Minnesota Department of Revenue all taxes arising from the sale of Taxable items at the Festival.
11. The Vendor affirms that they do not discriminate in hiring, employment, participation or services rendered based on the fact or perception of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex sexual orientation marital status, disability or as otherwise specified by governing law.
12. All Vendors, either merchandise or food, will list all items that they intend to sell at the Dragon Festival. There will be a limited number of “same kind” Vendors. These will be determined by the completeness of registration materials and on a first come first serve basis. In the event of an excessive number of “same kind” applications, Dragon Festival reserves the right to restrict items offered for sale.
13. Beverage sales are not allowed unless approved by Dragon Festival. Dragon Festival reserves the right to deny entry of bottled water, sports drinks and carbonated beverages. Intended beverage sales must be listed in the “Menu Descriptions” form in the registration materials to be reviewed by Dragon Festival.
14. Acceptance as a Vendor by Dragon Festival does not imply endorsement or affiliation of the organization and/or individual. Vendors may not use Dragon Festival name and/or logos (including the Dragon Festival Logo) unless written DRAGON FESTIVAL has given approval.
15. Any radio, Web, or other electronic transmissions including videotaping and photography for Public use or personal gain is forbidden unless written approval has been given by DRAGON FESTIVAL.
16. Food Vendors must notify Dragon Festival which Food Vendor Space which food vendor space they would like to have. Final space allocation is at the discretion of Dragon Festival, Event Manager, and contingent upon the order Dragon Festival receives “complete” applications. See rule 21 for the definition of a “complete application.” If the fee paid to Dragon Festival is greater than the vendor space fee according to the allocated vendor space, Dragon Festival will return the difference to that particular food vendor. If the fee paid to Dragon Festival is less than the vendor space fee according to the allocated vendor space, that particular food vendor must provide Dragon Festival with the correct fee amount before their application can be considered “complete.”
17. All accepted Food Vendors must attend a preliminary Dragon Festival meeting. Food Vendor Coordinator will set up meeting details and will contact all accepted Food Vendors.
18. Applications for resource vendors and food vendors are not considered “complete” until Dragon Festival receives all necessary documents and fees listed below:
a. Registration Form
b. Food Vendor – Menu and Appliances Description
c. Vendor Registration Fee
d. Security and Cleaning Deposit Fee
e. Equipment Order
f. Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI)
19. Please note if you would like a cooking space. There is limited cooking space OUTSIDE the pavilion and will cooking space will be allocated depending on food vendor needs and at the discretion of the Food Vendor. **PLEASE inform outdoor cooking space is required*
20. DRAGON FESTIVAL, Dragon Festival Event Manger reserve the right to accept, change, or not accept an agreement if said agreement does not meet specified requirements based on vendor category selection, incorrect or misleading information or any item that may be considered a violation of DRAGON FESTIVAL, City, or State rules, regulations, ordinances or law.
21. There will be NO mandatory vendor meeting. Instead please arrive on Friday, July 10th 2020 between 1-5PM to do final check-in, find your assigned location and pick up your parking permit. PROOF of payment will be REQUIRED