You MUST complete application in full and be 14-19 years old as of June 16, 2020. Additionally, the attached application surveys MUST be completed in order to be considered for the program. Priority will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
Having one or more disabilities
Poor school performance
Living in a household that receives public/government assistance (section 8, food stamps, etc.)
Living in a neighborhood with high poverty rates
Involvement in the juvenile justice system
Past or present victim of crime
Living in foster care or a group home
Without a permanent home
Complete application no later than April 1, 2020
• Only completed applications (with signatures and required documents) will be accepted.
• Completed applications are not guaranteed acceptance into the Summer Employment Program.
If you are accepted into the Summer Employment Program, you will need to present original legal documents proving your work eligibility during your orientation. We will require you to show the following:
• Original Social Security Card or certified Birth Certificate
• Photo ID (Current State ID, Current School ID, SF City ID Card, Permanent Resident Card, passport)
If you do not have these documents, you should start the process of obtaining them ASAP:
• Social Security Office: (866) 964-6227
• NC State ID: (910) 251-5747
• Birth Certificate: please contact the hospital in which you were born
Only completed applications will be accepted. Please double check that you meet all eligibility requirements and have followed all directions prior to submitting your application.